DCA Shows

Has anybody heard anything about the Barmun Festival on June 27th?

They cancelled our (Cabs Alumni) exhibition last week citing lack of funds from supporters.

Now I see the show info is gone from the DCA schedule. It now shows the 27th as TBA.

I remember them having $$ trouble last year. Seems like it's happening again.

>>>Has anybody heard anything about the Barmun Festival on June 27th?

They cancelled our (Cabs Alumni) exhibition last week citing lack of funds from supporters.

Now I see the show info is gone from the DCA schedule. It now shows the 27th as TBA.<<<

I spoke with Mike Marella (PCP's Director) and he told me the Barnum show will be held at Trumbull HS ... the show was moved because Central HS is being renovated over the summer and there will be no parking available ... the work should be completed by the time of the Hurcs show ... stay tuned if that changes ...

Trumbull H.S. is much safer area and accessible from highways (15) quite easily. But size of stadium or height cannot compare to JFK field at Central. Most welcoming band parent support system for everything in marching arts held there.

• Like 1

It has been a while since I have been up there. Look forward to returning to my old haunts.

It has been a while since I have been up there. Look forward to returning to my old haunts.

I wonder if the llama farm is still next to the HS. Used to pass it all then time when I was judging their band show back in the 80's.

Ssh, Mike...

...that agricultural part of the campus was a larger than just the Trumbull high school district program which allowed students from other districts to become students at Trumbull High, and thus a member of Peter Horton's Eagle band with drill by Leon May. (Other schools might get jealous.)

Now given some of the DCA shows over the years, those llamas might make a guest appearence unless specifically banned by the DCA rule book, right? Vince Bruni would have loved it!

• Like 1