Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

I would assume that they want to do that every year, but I'm not getting that from those two short clips.

Sounds interesting for sure, but still sounds like May.

Maybe, but May for the Blue Devils still trumps August for all but a small number of corps.

• Like 1

Maybe, but May for the Blue Devils still trumps August for all but a small number of corps.

Same can be said for quite a few other corps, BUT I realize that this is a Blue Devils' thread and won't try to steal their thunder... Just saying, the video doesn't strike me as being evidence to support the fact that BD is looking to sweep all the music captions this year.

Same can be said for quite a few other corps, BUT I realize that this is a Blue Devils' thread and won't try to steal their thunder... Just saying, the video doesn't strike me as being evidence to support the fact that BD is looking to sweep all the music captions this year.

Well, they are looking to sweep all captions this year, not just music. You know, just like they do every year. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. But if you're not trying to win them all, you're doing it wrong.

Well, they are looking to sweep all captions this year, not just music. You know, just like they do every year. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. But if you're not trying to win them all, you're doing it wrong.

If that's their goal in the first place, fine... Some DCI corps have different goals though. Basically this is all coming across as a little smug for a 30 second May recording, especially after hearing many other recordings of other corps in May.

...and sometimes these corps have goals that start off as "win all the captions" at the beginning of the season, but by the end of the season it turns into win the captions you're winning by as much as you can to compensate for the captions you're losing against other corps. Basically, that's the norm...

• Like 1

Love what I'm hearing so far. If that clip is representative of the whole show (which I obviously doubt it is), it looks like this show will be a little mix of last season and their typical post 2008 show with some dissonant chords that everyone just loves!

That is the darkest part of what they have so far. The visual idea is really cool. I won't get into details but just think story books coming to life. the snare book is insane. very agressive! Best drum book I have ever heard.

I sure hope the ###### synthesizers aren't so loud in the finished product.