Pioneer 2015

I thank you for this posting! But I feel DCP has been taken over by, what we in the Netherlands would call 'Sour lemons'. They ruined this posting within minutes and you know.....it is not about me. It is about this activity. What if a kid who just got introduced to Drum Corps and thinks he might want to give Pioneer a try as it is a corps that welcomes new people reads this. They would turn from Pioneer and Drum Corps in general right away. I was the director of Color Guard Netherlands (CGN) for 10 years and held a clear position on positive energy over haters. Guess what. We grew the activity from 16 to 75 units in 10 years. And that in a country the size of Rhode Island.

Anyway.....I hope the admins will delete this thread and my account soon. I was just here checking if they gave me any response yet. They are volunteers so I understand them very well. However, there is a group of people here who break down this website, individual corps and the activity as a whole. I am happy to say I am a positive human being with a true awareness of the activity around the world. Having been in it in Europe, Africa, Asia and North-America for many years...

That is really cool. I personally want more people like you on DCP: people who are actively involved and know what's truly going on in the activity world-wide.

Most people on DCP understand that Pioneer operates on a different set of principles from the usual status quo. Many corps that have chased the ever-changing "top-12" status are long gone. Pioneer, despite its recent finals week placements, continues to thrive and serve its mission. The overwhelming majority of DCP understands this.

But DCP is a large community ... and, like any online community, there's people who don't show tact or simply say things they know nothing about. That's the Internet.

The well-being of Pioneer is not dependent on what a handful of people on the Internet say.

• Like 1

Thanks again.....I sure feel like that too. However, the crowd on DCP is not open to that. I really am thinking of creating a new forum besides DCP for the non-haters, bashers, etc with a total different set of rules/guidelines and by invitation to take the trolls out. And indeed. Pioneer has always done what it does and I am very, very proud of that. All the 'new' corps hyped here are gone......Pioneer remains. As it is focussed on people, not on ego. Something DCP can learn from.

I really am thinking of creating a new forum besides DCP for the non-haters, bashers, etc with a total different set of rules/guidelines and by invitation to take the trolls out.

All I can say is good luck with that.

I enjoy lively discussion, even if it includes occasional unjustified criticism. My former corps has drawn/continues to draw idiotic speculation from a tiny group of keyboard warriors, but I view it as a part of life.

I'll keep using DCP and /r/drumcorps (a reddit group with fewer guidelines than DCP). Both offer plenty of constructive discussion.

duty_calls.png

Aaand you're still posting. Xandandl has annoyed me plenty but other people posting on here shouldn't deter you from expressing your own opinion, as much as other people would like to try to suppress it. What I'm trying to say is: ignore the haters.

Oh he (or was it 6 other people) never got under my skin.... :tounge2: and we laughed at it later.......

Ignore option works great as used it myself at times.

PS - stay away from certain FB groups. Follow some for the history but lot of threads and posters make me think of Clint Eastwood with a 12 gauge yelling at the kidz to stay off the lawn and bring back HIS drum corps..... and the way the world was then (it was all good then right)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Did you send a request to the mods to close this one? Might take a while though....

Only on topic thing I can add is seeing Roman hitting the shuttle bus from the hotel DCA wheels were using at Annapolis two years back. That hat gave him away....

No seriously...I would like this whole thread removed. Someone else can start a new one. Pioneer deserves better than this

Well, I haven't seen a single post saying anything negative about the corps...your posts, on the other hand...

• Like 1

Well, I haven't seen a single post saying anything negative about the corps...your posts, on the other hand...

That was my question, did PeeJay think X was insulting Pioneer by asking the mods to merge the two threads?

• Like 1