2015 Rankings (by most recent score)

Concerning the two I have bolded, I'm curious to know why:

Excelsior is listed using their higher score of 67.30 from Schuylerville on Aug. 2 rather than their lower score of 63.40 from Clifton on Aug. 22 . . .

BUT Cincinnati Tradition is listed using their lower score of 69.55 from Rockmart on Aug. 22 rather than their higher score of 70.55 from Racine on Aug. 1.

It doesn't make a difference for the seeding order now, but since Excelsior has one more regular-season contest, if they score anywhere from 69.6 to 70.5 at Bridgeport, that would put them ahead of Cincinnati as listed but behind where Cincinnati ought to be shown.

Actually it does make a difference now as well; if Excelsior were listed with their most recent score (which I am pretty sure is the current rule for seeding), they would fall behind Erie Thunderbirds into 7th place.

Concerning the two I have bolded, I'm curious to know why:

Excelsior is listed using their higher score of 67.30 from Schuylerville on Aug. 2 rather than their lower score of 63.40 from Clifton on Aug. 22 . . .

BUT Cincinnati Tradition is listed using their lower score of 69.55 from Rockmart on Aug. 22 rather than their higher score of 70.55 from Racine on Aug. 1.

It doesn't make a difference for the seeding order now, but since Excelsior has one more regular-season contest, if they score anywhere from 69.6 to 70.5 at Bridgeport, that would put them ahead of Cincinnati as listed but behind where Cincinnati ought to be shown.

I wouldn't be too concerned. DCA will not make that mistake when it comes to seeding. With that being said, their drop in score with a completely different panel may show that the panel in Rockmart was tougher on the corps. For instance, CT was VERY close to Kilties at their last show. Tonight (albeit at different shows) they are 6 points behind. I think it makes finals more exciting, but I hope it does not result in a cops like CT not making finals because they get a terrible prelims spot. I saw them last night and I feel like this show is contender for finals for sure.

Alliance was strong last night and definitely a contender for the Class A title based on past offerings. Not a ton of weaknesses as they are pretty balanced across the board and their show is designed for Class A better than their 2008 Championship run. Their brass had some endurance issues at the end, which made it difficult to hear them over the battery. Hopefully this will get corrected in the next two weeks.

Carolina Gold's guard was on fire last night. Especially their flags! It is weird to see their hornline the size it is in Open Class, though I imagine their guard is what pushed them up a class (or made them choose to do so). It is a good show and has a shot at making finals. Brass and percussion need to get cleaner to do so (brass especially in the drill, but holes may have contributed). Hoping they can pull it off and we can have three southern corps in finals again (four if we count CT).

CV is doing a lot of stuff this year and taking some chances. I have never seen them move this much. With that being said, it is pretty dirty still. They have a camp weekend and the southern groups always get a nice endurance boost when they go up north, so they may have a shot of pulling off the "upset" and beating Kidsgrove and/or Fusion (I automatically put Kidsgrove there because they usually rank in that area). If they do not clean it up, then I would be concerned about them getting passed by those two and White Sabers. It is exciting because it could go either way. The crowd loved their show and, like I said, they had a lot of energy in their performance last night!

Actually it does make a difference now as well; if Excelsior were listed with their most recent score (which I am pretty sure is the current rule for seeding), they would fall behind Erie Thunderbirds into 7th place.

I think his post was meaning that CT's highest score was not used.

Hold your cards.............Thunderbirds and Excelsior both get scores next weekend at different shows,......

• Like 1

Hold your cards . . . Thunderbirds and Excelsior both get scores next weekend at different shows.

Thanks for confirming that. Thunderbirds aren't listed on DCA's schedule for the 29th.

• Like 1

They're at Big Sounds, another good reason to go- Also looking forward to getting a good look at Carolina Gold. I have hangup about wanting to see certain corps live before I start putting the pieces together. :satisfied:

That being said, the biggest enigma wrapped in a riddle, and stuffed in a Rubik's Cube has been MBI, even when they do come out this way. :satisfied:

I wouldn't be too concerned. DCA will not make that mistake when it comes to seeding. With that being said, their drop in score with a completely different panel may show that the panel in Rockmart was tougher on the corps. For instance, CT was VERY close to Kilties at their last show. Tonight (albeit at different shows) they are 6 points behind. I think it makes finals more exciting, but I hope it does not result in a cops like CT not making finals because they get a terrible prelims spot. I saw them last night and I feel like this show is contender for finals for sure.

Alliance was strong last night and definitely a contender for the Class A title based on past offerings. Not a ton of weaknesses as they are pretty balanced across the board and their show is designed for Class A better than their 2008 Championship run. Their brass had some endurance issues at the end, which made it difficult to hear them over the battery. Hopefully this will get corrected in the next two weeks.

Carolina Gold's guard was on fire last night. Especially their flags! It is weird to see their hornline the size it is in Open Class, though I imagine their guard is what pushed them up a class (or made them choose to do so). It is a good show and has a shot at making finals. Brass and percussion need to get cleaner to do so (brass especially in the drill, but holes may have contributed). Hoping they can pull it off and we can have three southern corps in finals again (four if we count CT).

CV is doing a lot of stuff this year and taking some chances. I have never seen them move this much. With that being said, it is pretty dirty still. They have a camp weekend and the southern groups always get a nice endurance boost when they go up north, so they may have a shot of pulling off the "upset" and beating Kidsgrove and/or Fusion (I automatically put Kidsgrove there because they usually rank in that area). If they do not clean it up, then I would be concerned about them getting passed by those two and White Sabers. It is exciting because it could go either way. The crowd loved their show and, like I said, they had a lot of energy in their performance last night!

with judges having the ability to go back and adjust scores, performance order is less and less of a concern every day

• Like 1