DCI West- Stanford, CA

I was very disappointed in the "fails," except for the free 30-second commercial every time I had to restart...... I saw more of Charles Barkley than I did the awards ceremony !

I've been supporting DCI with my $$$ since they starting selling videos (1980s..... over 30 years) ....... there have always been problems with "feed," even pre-recorded.....

This week we saw the free preview where Steve Rondo interviewed Dan A. and they shared the DCI Kool Aid about how much we'll be getting. How many decades will it take to just get it right ? I have no problem paying for a service that supports the creative licensing of our talented writers and designers. Our activity centers around these creative geniuses...... but the platform for the product is still unstable at best........

I'm not at all sorry that I dropped $99..... it was well worth it just for tonight's show...... just wish it would become dependable.......

• Like 3

Bias alert!

SCV's drill is my favorite of the season. Yeah, I know that it still early, but their drill just blows me away! They may not be the cleanest, but it's really mesmerizing drill!

Loved their drill last year, too. Super elegant.

• Like 1

Apparently the West Coast judges did not get the memo on keeping the score inflation down. BD, SCV, and BK all beat their June 20th score from 2014 (Phantom, surprisingly, did not).

They beat the Cadets tonight. Mission accomplished. Now. When do Bloo and BD go head to head for the first time?

It seems SCV won't be an easy takedown either... But the answer you are looking for is the Tour of Champions - Central Missouri on July 13th
  • Like 1

While i agree for the most part that, especially of late, that its a BD wins the title by default unless someone is better DCI. I do think that this BD show is weaker than normal, and that other shows have the potential to compete for the gold. The BD staff is really darn good at apoealing to judges, so i will be interested to see how things shake down.

We hear this said every year (except last, to be fair). I don't think the judges will agree.

They beat the Cadets tonight. Mission accomplished. Now. When do Bloo and BD go head to head for the first time?

Congrats to them ... good to hear it. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain it. If I remember correctly, the same thing happened last year: Cadets win the first few shows, Bloo pulls ahead of them for a few weeks, then Cadets end up ahead in the end. We'll see if there is anything new this year. So far this season has been eerily similar to the start of last season ... it's only the first week though.

Congrats to them ... good to hear it. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain it. If I remember correctly, the same thing happened last year: Cadets win the first few shows, Bloo pulls ahead of them for a few weeks, then Cadets end up ahead in the end. We'll see if there is anything new this year. So far this season has been eerily similar to the start of last season ... it's only the first week though.

Apparently you didn't pay attention to last year. LOL

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Crack is whack baby

• Like 1

Apparently you didn't pay attention to last year. LOL

You're right ... Bloo didn't pull ahead of the Cadets until the middle of July last year. For some reason I thought it had happened earlier.

We hear this said every year (except last, to be fair). I don't think the judges will agree.

Each of the past 3 seasons the gap from BD to SCV at this point has been roughly double what it is now.

Meanwhile BD has (only) won 2 of the last 4 seasons. And compared to any of them, this one seems to be missing something.