DCI West- Stanford, CA

I'm not really seeing how last year and this year are the first two years in a "10 year change" from them. They use the same style of brass 16th note passagesthat aren't from any source material, that they have used since 2003, the same marching technique, the same make it up as they go along drill(Their words), and the same random white props that may of may not go with that years show. Lots of the same shtick. Great performance, but they have been repeating themselves for years

Please tell me if I'm missing out on the innovation.

I guess what I'm wondering is how people don't feel exactly the same way about every other corps giving BD a run for their money... Crown doesn't also use the same basic show structure, with similar brass runs and sequential guard tosses and emotional highs and lows, etc, as previous years? Nor Cadets? What about Cavs in the 00s? SCV and PR in 5-6 year long trends? Bloo, too? Are you sure? At some point, can't we just say corps have their own identifiable design style and take it or leave it?

Lots of innovation from everyone on the field, this year. Some day, DCP will catch up.

(Also, they don't make up drill as they go along. The designers have a firm sense of the drill; it's the way they teach it that's different.)

Edited by saxfreq1128

You're right ... Bloo didn't pull ahead of the Cadets until the middle of July last year. For some reason I thought it had happened earlier.

Are you just high?

Each of the past 3 seasons the gap from BD to SCV at this point has been roughly double what it is now.

Meanwhile BD has (only) won 2 of the last 4 seasons. And compared to any of them, this one seems to be missing something.

We'll see. I would like nothing more than a non-BD winner this year, even though I like their show a lot.

• Like 1

Wrong. Again.

Is this not correct?

http://dciscores.com/world/?year=2014

Bloo beat the Cadets on July 8 and July 18 ... and then again on the 28th and 29th. Is that not the middle of July?

If you are referring to my mistake about last year's finals results, I apologize for that one as well.

Is this not correct?

Bloo beat the Cadets on July 8 and July 18 ... and then again on the 28th and 29th. Is that not the middle of July?

If you are referring to my mistake about last year's finals results, I apologize for that one as well.

That means they scored higher than them on a particular night in different competitions, not head to head though. Bluecoats didn't beat Cadets until finals night.

• Like 1

Is this not correct?

Those were not head to head though, either cadets didn't perform that night or they were at different shows. Bluecoats pulled ahead for the first time at world champs

EDIT: looks like DrumManTX beat me too it

Edited by Clutchtow

DrumManTX and SuperOOK are both correct.

It was Finals night they passed them.

That means they scored higher than them on a particular night in different competitions, not head to head though. Bluecoats didn't beat Cadets until finals night.

Fair enough. My bad.