2015 Season Audio Performance Downloads?

I miss the audio downloads and old Fan Network as well but I am very much into this season with this incredible top 5 this year.

Youtube, periscope and oh yeah, live shows have been holding me over.

Well it's always nice to see shows live but here on the boondocks of the west coast, our shows are over by July. FN was the way we here west kept up. And YouTube is not the same.

This. I'll even go so far as to open a YouTube video on my phone, leave it in my pocket and listen with headphoneswith absolutely terrible audio quality.

Do we know if DCI is even bringing the equipment to shows to make a recording?

Yeah. All i have is a video i took of a part of a show on tge dci live webcast.

Its annoying because many people who are turning to things like periscoping shows or youtube recordings and ripping them before the corps or dci takes it down or "message me if you want a video of x show", would rather pay a small amount for access to the show and to listen to it in high quality.

Typically i download my favorite shows the first chance i can, and then i keep that and listen to it during the week. Then watch weekend webcasts to see/hear changes.

Now i have nothing! If dci doesn't want people downloading content illegally, then they shouldnt make it so hard to do it legally. And if many people would pay tbe small price to do it legally, maybe dci would not have become more restrictive of its content.

• Like 1

If DCI doesn't want people downloading content illegally, then they shouldnt make it so hard to do it legally.

At this point, it's apparently not DCI who's making it hard to get content legally, but rather that licensing company mentioned in a couple threads a few days ago.

• Like 2

Yeah, DCI's more victim than cause. It's still a terrible situation, and it really is going to reignite the long-dormant bootleg scene, which is a shame. Fan Network, as silly as I think that particular walled garden is (just bite the bullet and go to iTunes already), almost overnight took the bottom out of the black market. (Not going to say how I know this...)

Mike

At this point, it's apparently not DCI who's making it hard to get content legally, but rather that licensing company mentioned in a couple threads a few days ago.

Ah, i didn't see that

Not being able to listen to this year's Cadets show is torturous. The music book is astounding. Are there *any* audio recordings anywhere?

Not sure how I missed this. There won't be any APDs during this season. Per DCI's website:

Will audio performances (APDs) and video performances (VPDs) be available for download?

It is expected that APDs and VPDs of 2015 performances will be available for download shortly after the 2015 DCI World Championships.

If you'd told me ten years ago that in ten years, DCI would would stop doing mid-season audio recordings I wouldn't have believed you.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Yeah, DCI's more victim than cause. It's still a terrible situation, and it really is going to reignite the long-dormant bootleg scene, which is a shame. Fan Network, as silly as I think that particular walled garden is (just bite the bullet and go to iTunes already), almost overnight took the bottom out of the black market. (Not going to say how I know this...)

Mike

Won't happen. iTunes nearly requires that each license be a track. I doubt you want 5 tracks / show. Even at 69¢ minimum pricing, that's annoying. Otherwise, tracks are over 10 minutes. iTunes requires that any track over 10 minutes be "Album only".

They've played with other options, but drum corps music is definitely not what iTunes is built around. Maybe sell it on Amazon...

This really is a shame, as I've always been more keen on the music aspect of drum corps. Hearing/having recordings of the progression that shows make through the summer is fantastic, and I have so many from the last decade or so (even much further back if your count Napster lol).

The other part that stinks about having no recordings during the season: sometimes corps change their shows for the worse. By "worse" I mean adding or deleting something to/from their show that makes it less enjoyable for me. That's purely a preference issue, but there are many performances of top corps that I like more early-season than late, even if the late edition is more polished.

Bummer.

• Like 1