The Rise of Pseudointellectuals on DCP

Is all this because I linked to Plato on the Stanford encyclopedia of Philosophy?

No, you can't be a true pseudointellectual if you are asking a question. You can only get your bonifides as a pseudointellectual when you are involved in a tell. Since you asked a question, more than likely you are an intellectual. Does this make any sense ?

The OP does not like pseudointellectuals. He prefers this site be inhabited by the real intellectuals... not the phony ones. How can you tell a pseudointellectual from a bonifide intellectual ?

Clothing. Intellectuals dress sloppily. Look at Einstein.. the poor brainy guy dressed worse than Plato, Socrates, and Aristotle... and those Fab Thinkers dressed in clothes that look like my home curtains.. poor guys. So I'm stuck as a pseudointellectual, as I dress way better than these guys. Does this make any sense ?

No, you can't be a true pseudointellectual if you are asking a question. You can only get your bonifides as a pseudointellectual when you are involved in a tell. Since you asked a question, more than likely you are an intellectual. Does this make any sense ?

The OP does not like pseudointellectuals. He prefers this site be inhabited by the real intellectuals... not the phony ones. How can you tell a pseudointellectual from a bonifide intellectual ?

Clothing. Intellectuals dress sloppily. Look at Einstein.. the poor brainy guy dressed worse than Plato, Socrates, and Aristotle... and those Fab Thinkers dressed in clothes that look like my home curtains.. poor guys. So I'm stuck as a pseudointellectual, as I dress way better than these guys. Does this make any sense ?

He might have prospered from a haircut, too, from time to time. Just sayin'..... :ninja:

Edited by HornTeacher

I think Plato would turn over in his grave after this intellectualized conversation. The only other comment I have is when the conversation turns ugly as it does at time consider the source and move on.

I think Plato would turn over in his grave after this intellectualized conversation. The only other comment I have is when the conversation turns ugly as it does at time consider the source and move on.

That's most surely a mouthful. I'll let you know when i understand.

Edited by HornTeacher

Whoa, be careful with using the words "intellectual" and "DCP poster" in the same sentence. If that continues I will not be allowed to post on here anymore.

• Like 1

Whoa, be careful with using the words "intellectual" and "DCP poster" in the same sentence. If that continues I will not be allowed to post on here anymore.

Best post in a long, long time, in my book. Congrats, jw.

If I have to explain it all hope is lost. Figure that out....

The good news about the complainers of long ago Drum Corps is that they have left the activity ( yes, and some have left the earth too,of course). I know of no sport that does not have critics of something or other. You'd think from reading this Board that only Drum Corps have critics... but good lord, the criticisms we witness in sports are non stop from the fanbases in ALL sports.

This is a Drum Corps Discussion Board. The notion that somehow only the opinions we personally have are only going to be found on here, or that only our own shared beliefs should be tolerated here is the antithesis of intellectualism, imo.

But enough of that tell. How long do we think this criticism of pseudointellectual Drum Corps fans will continue here on DCP ?

Sigh. I just wanted a conversation on this issue. Not an argument on the use of a word.

Mods: please either change the name of this topic to "Why Overthink It?" or lock it please. I'd love to keep it open so that discussion can be continued, but not something as pointless as this.