Whitewater Rapids! The Whitewater Classic 2015

They started it in 08 my first year. Trust me we hated it

always a good sign when Poineer has more brass than percussion players. That isn't always the case.

They started it in 08 my first year. Trust me we hated it

Why is it bad for front to wear hats? I've always wondered why drum majors and front ensembles do this because there are always the exceptions. Is it to avoid drawing attention?

We need Pioneer to be successful. We can't keep loosing drum corps.. We are all in this together... not just a top 5 activity..

You Go Pioneer!

• Like 5

For Pio, it's not visually distracting. If it were a plumed shako though, the bobbing and weaving while playing would be…cluttery.

I was thinking though given the proximity to the DM podium, the visors probably require them to crane their neck up to catch tempo rather than steal glances.

Even if they had good weather they probably are doing the same thing as last year.

Musically pio is sounding better but the big points being lost are in visual. Great seeing them start to grow.

I marched BK in 05 and our visual(drill) was..... not good. They're worlds ahead now.

That being said, our up close visual was great. Robbie was a class act and while I may disagree with his drill writing, his teaching on body movement was on point. Speaking of him... does anyone know if he's still working in DCI somewhere?

We need Pioneer to be successful. We can't keep loosing drum corps.. We are all in this together... not just a top 5 activity..

You Go Pioneer!

I thought it was MUCH improved from last year. My daughter thought of going there this year, but didn't want to be limited by the type of music they have chosen in the past. I think this music book might attract a few more people. Edited by kmkord
  • Like 2