Phailing Phantom-- How Phar Will They Phall?

I understand the point of this thread, but I don't really know if it should be presented on this forum. Is the purpose of this topic to get Phantom to change direction, get potential candidates to march in other corps or perhaps to see Phantom fold? It concerns me that this activity, which is pretty small in the scope of things, can be so damaging to itself. I know we all have our individual preferences and tastes, but we need to be careful on how things are presented hear in forums. I am sure potential members, current marchers, and parents read what is posted. This can not be a positive thing for the activity.

This is just my two cents.

Edited by dcikon2
  • Like 5

I understand the point of this thread, but I don't really know if it should be presented on this forum. Is the purpose of this topic to get Phantom to change direction, get potential candidates to march in other corps or perhaps to see Phantom fold? It concerns me that this activity, which is pretty small in the scope of things, can be so damaging to itself. I know we all have our individual preferences and tastes, but we need to be careful on how things are presented hear in forums. I am sure potential members, current marchers, and parents read what is posted. This can not be a positive thing for the activity.

Wise words.

Then again, as said the famous naval hero, Da(rn) the torpedoes! Full Speed Ahead.

More than one corps has used negative criticism as a motivation to prove their critics wrong.

I think the Phantom phamily has that same resolve from those I know. Last year it worked.

• Like 2

I'd like to point out that the point of my original post was to not talk about Phantom folding, but was more discussing their competitive status this year, based on what I've seen from them and other corps.

A lot of other people seemed to be eager to jump in with some of their other opinions about a lot of underlying issues, it seems.

I'm more interested in talking about where they could end up THIS YEAR, because their competitive neighborhood is pretty #### interesting!

Have you ever heard of a place called "rock bottom"?

Rock bottom sucks. Sometimes people want to see you touch rock bottom, not because they hate you, but because they love you.

If an internet forum is a catalyst for Regiment to touch rock bottom, that says a lot more about Regiment, than it does an internet forum.

Moreso, it will start the ball rolling for change that is drastically needed in that organization.

Rock bottom sucks. Sometimes people want to see you touch rock bottom, not because they hate you, but because they love you.

If an internet forum is a catalyst for Regiment to touch rock bottom, that says a lot more about Regiment, than it does an internet forum.

Moreso, it will start the ball rolling for change that is drastically needed in that organization.

Rock Bottom? Really? So PR in 2015 in this current placement has hit rock bottom?

You insult every corps around and below them.

• Like 1

Rock Bottom? Really? So PR in 2015 in this current placement has hit rock bottom?

You insult every corps around and below them.

Perspective is your friend.

This is an organization that has made finals since their first appearance.

If you take it as an insult that different groups have different philosophies and expectations, you are looking to be insulted.

Perspective is your friend.

This is an organization that has made finals since their first appearance.

If you take it as an insult that different groups have different philosophies and expectations, you are looking to be insulted.

You are being completely over dramatic and worthy of the Internet equivalent of the Academy Award for "Best Performance To Garner Attention."

You are being completely over dramatic and worthy of the Internet equivalent of the Academy Award for "Best Performance To Garner Attention."

I'm not the one claiming that a different groups standard of excellence is insulting to those who do not share it.

Considering they've hit 9th place in 2009, they aren't at "rock bottom" yet.

I've been trying to warn people, but don't count Phantom out yet. Season is far from over.