The Ft. Wayne Flyover (7/8)

Still dry at 2:40! And yeah. It's the second round that'd be the killer.

Still dry at 2:40! And yeah. It's the second round that'd be the killer.

KVG_DC, can you do me a favor and tell me exactly when it does start raining. I'd like to correlate that with my radar....see how much Virga is in play. I don't think there is much, but this will verify it for me.

thanks!

Light sprinkles start now at 3pm. Just light sprinkles though. I'm on the north side of of town. St. Francis is south...but it's not that big of a town

3:05. Sprinkles have let up for now. Sun fighting with the clouds a bit. If it's like yesterday's, it'll do this on and off then let go. But the radar yesterday had a strong leading edge, this seems just like a blob.

Edited by KVG_DC

Light sprinkles start now at 3pm. Just light sprinkles though. I'm on the north side of of town. St. Francis is south...but it's not that big of a town

3:05. Sprinkles have let up for now. Sun fighting with the clouds a bit. If it's like yesterday's, it'll do this on and off then let go. But the radar yesterday had a strong leading edge, this seems just like a blob.

thanks.

Looks like rain is breaking up a bit. Energy seems to transferring back to larger area of rain approaching from the SW.

it's supposed to be dry from 7 til 10 pm... says the weather channel. If so.... Crown beats BD tonight. :)

Edited by Jeremy.

thanks.

Looks like rain is breaking up a bit. Energy seems to transferring back to larger area of rain approaching from the SW.

This agrees with conditions on the ground. Still overcast and no rain after the light sprinkles. Does this mean the second blob will be more intense? Or might the whole thing shoot past us fast to the south? Sometimes storms come it on a bee line toward FWA then end up falling apart and intensifying south of here around Muncie.

Fairly steady light rain now. :(

Hmm... Looking at the radar now, it sees the best chance here is for the system to speed up and move on out.

Fairly steady light rain now. :(

Well...What I'm seeing now is the 2nd wave seems to be drying up a bit. NWS Northern indiana agrees. It seems like the baroclinic zones are changing a bit more in favor of late show or after show time. NWS NI has lowered pops up until about through about Midnight, then they become much higher.

That being said. I think now that the heavier rain holds off until after the show. However, light to moderate rain will still affect the area, which could in turn cause a delay or two during the show. This show seems safe for me at the moment. If you have tickets, you should go. Can't see a rainout here now as I may have a few hours ago.