Crown's Big Red fabric screen

I think this part of the show would be much more dramatic if the soloist came from the back of the field playing the solo dropped and dragging that big red thing towards the grouped corp... and he walked through them it covers them and they all are behind it with soloist in the front middle... i just think that red thing could have a much better affect than it currently does.... it's very light weight.

• Like 1

I think this part of the show would be much more dramatic if the soloist came from the back of the field playing the solo dropped and dragging that big red thing towards the grouped corp... and he walked through them it covers them and they all are behind it with soloist in the front middle... i just think that red thing could have a much better affect than it currently does.... it's very light weight.

i meant to say draped

Have they worked out the problems with that yet? When I saw it at the first theater broadcast, they had two major fails:

First, when they were pulling it over the full corps, it got twisted up in the middle and horn players were having to duck and dodge under it, and it left half the corps uncovered.

Second, as they were pulling it off, it got snagged on a baritone and almost pulled the horn out of the guy's hands. I was half chuckling/half cringing watching him try to unsnag it before he and his horn were pulled out of the formation.

I haven't actually seen the show since, so I don't know if they've been having more problems or not.

I say scrap the banner and just use pyrotechnics and or laser beams to spell out "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here".

Or Star 92 style go vertical baby!

Have they worked out the problems with that yet? When I saw it at the first theater broadcast, they had two major fails:

First, when they were pulling it over the full corps, it got twisted up in the middle and horn players were having to duck and dodge under it, and it left half the corps uncovered.

Second, as they were pulling it off, it got snagged on a baritone and almost pulled the horn out of the guy's hands. I was half chuckling/half cringing watching him try to unsnag it before he and his horn were pulled out of the formation.

I haven't actually seen the show since, so I don't know if they've been having more problems or not.

When I saw tham at Gillette, the "Abandon all hope" banner wasn't completely lifted in the middle and was taking out some brass players who didn't duck. Took WAY too long to get that fabric over the corps... I have a bad feeling about that fabric in general.

Keep in mind that all championship shows are designed for the climate-controlled confines of Lucas Oil Stadium. Any issues Crown faces with wind is a mute point for LOS. I love the red drape, the brass grouped together and the beautiful back and forth of the soloist and brass. Also, the dancer in front of the horns is remarkable. If you had the soloist on that side of the field as well, it would be a stuggle to figure out what to look af next. I like it the way it is.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1