We Are Fixin To Go To Belton

First time seeing Academy this year. They have a show I could definitely watch again and get into. The ending was strong.

Hard to tell anything else from the feed.

The feed isn't doing anyone any favors. Saw this show live at the Rose Bowl and it's so much fun. The crowd was really into it that night! The music is so wonderful and the guard really sells it. You don't get that with the high cam.

great horn block!!!! :cool:

Edited by contraman007

sooo much better than the last time i saw them

Pioneer had an 80 set drill rewrite put in about 5 days ago. If the staff can keep the kids motivated and improving, their upside is likely higher than Surf and maybe (a big maybe) Cascades. It is definitely higher than the Open Class corps around them save for SCVC and BDB.

IMHO, I can't see a staff putting in that big of a change unless they felt the kids could pull it off by the end of the season. Time will tell. A young corps is a fragile corps and susceptible to bigger momentum shifts...hopefully Pio will land on the right side of that momentum.

What will be very interesting is to see how the kids handle their first regional and if they can avoid that 2 pt kick-in-the-shorts that the lower WC corps seem to take at the big shows.

• Like 2