Thank you, Academy!

I am totally on the Academy bandwagon! It's very special when new blood reaches the top 12. I think the last time that happened was the Cascades. Hope this year it will be them.

• Like 1

I just saw the show on that website. Reminds me of the Broadway-inspired Sky Ryders shows from BITD, and that's a compliment! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a student who loves Mary Poppins...

... I thought I was going to have to have her carried out of the stadium after the show... she totally wigged out!

AWESOME PERFORMANCE in Salem, Academy! :-D

• Like 2

The Academy's show this year is probably my favorite of the corps placing 13th to 22nd (Mandarins a close second). I would even have them ahead of Crossmen and maybe Boston but perhaps they don't have the difficulty that those shows do.

• Like 1

The Academy's show this year is probably my favorite of the corps placing 13th to 22nd (Mandarins a close second). I would even have them ahead of Crossmen and maybe Boston but perhaps they don't have the difficulty that those shows do.

I would say they have my favorite show 6th-22nd. This show is a bag of entertainment. So engaging! Everyone in the stands seems to really enjoy it as well. It will be a shame if the academy doesn't make finals. The show seems so worthy. It would be a treat, around a group of corps that are great but not quite as entertaining. Imo
  • Like 1

Congratulations Academy!'

Seeing them achieve an 81.300 in Annapolis tonight is quite satisfying. Man, talk about the development of a horse race between 12-15 place!. Crusaders 81.600, Colts & Academy tied at 81.300 followed by Troopers with a 81.100........... all separated by a mere .500 of a point. The Boston Crusaders must really be looking over their shoulder and wondering..... WTHeck?!

Got to admit - Academy is a fun show and a big-time crowd favorite.

"Feed the Birds" gets to me every time - even on TV.

Still LOTS of work to do. There are 4-5 very good corps that are going to be fighting for that 12 spot between now and Indy!!

My favorite 'Fighting your way in to the Saturday night show' moment was back in 2003. On Thursday you had the Blue Knights in 12th, Glassmen in 13th and Spirit in 14th. During that season most people were not really in to the Blue Knights and Glassmen's shows but people were all over Spirit's show. Well, Spirit jumped two places on Friday to land themselves in to the big Saturday night show!!

Can we have some exciting movement? I really hope so and really hope to see The Academy land themselves the 12th spot with a show that has a little something for everyone; just like 2003 Spirit;s show did :)

• Like 1

Thanks, Triple Forte for that very encouraging nugget of information regarding "Spirits" climb from 14th to 12th in 2003 (certainly a major interest and ray of hope to all Academy fans pushing for a Top 12 position this year!)

Here's another little nugget of trivia regarding Spirit/Academy. Circa 2007. Academy debuts as a World Class Corps with a Gang Busters, all Original score with "The Chase" surpassing every Corps ahead of them. At DCI Semi-finals Spirit maintains its 12th place score placing The Academy in 13th place. (Their highest ranking in World Class to date.) The following night at Finals, Spirit holds on to 12th however their score drops....to the identical score The Academy achieved in losing out to Spirit for that coveted final 12th spot. So close, yet so far.

Present day: Four Corps, Including Academy, Colts and Troopers all within .500 of the Boston Crusaders for 12th. Can The Academy duplicate "Spirits" jump to 12th in 2003?! On behalf of The Academy this go round,, it would be ever so sweet to see history repeat itself?!

I must admit I'm impressed with "Spirits" improved performance and score in the most recent shows including bump of 1.5 last night..... I am also concerned that "Spirit" could possible catch and by-pass The Academy for 15th, thus bumping them out of Thursdays Prelim Fathom Cinecast of the top 15 Corps. This would be so devastating to The Academy Kids, staff, fans (and me) and a crying shame that such a stellar and fan favorite show "A Step In Time" would be deprived of being screened in its entirety to such a large, captured theatre audience, and thus the loss of a vital promotional and marketing opportunity for The Academy to sustain growth and momentum leading into next season.