How are they deciding Atlanta line-up?

Finally Scouts get a great draw!!!!

• Like 2

In the last three meetings Cadets have beaten BD by .3, .4 and .325. That kind of consistent spread isn't likely to hold much longer. Cadets will either extend the lead or BD will cut into it, or maybe even open a little lead on Cadets. Can't wait.

In the last three meetings Cadets have beaten BD by .3, .4 and .325. That kind of consistent spread isn't likely to hold much longer. Cadets will either extend the lead or BD will cut into it, or maybe even open a little lead on Cadets. Can't wait.

I would think that the longer a lead stays consistent, the better it is for the team in the lead. I still think it will come down to these two in the end. The Cadets have a free day today in SA and then a couple of rehearsal days in Broken Arrow to clean things up before their next show. They don't meet up with BD again until Murfreesboro, so I guess we'll see what happens with that spread.

• Like 1

I'm pretty confident that its the draw of the judges at Finals that has some bearing on the outcomes.. not these Corps Performance order positions drawn at shows here in July. Just ask the staffs at BD and Phantom in 2008 how they both felt about the luck of the 2 Percussion Judge draws for Finals Night in 2008. BD could not have drawn a worse Percussion judge draw, & Phantom a better Percussion Judge draw with the 2 Judges drawn. Phantom upset BD by 1 tenth at the Finals Championships, and in my opinion, with that small of a margin, the luck of the judge draw played a significant factor in that close outcome, imo.

As for these Regional draws, I think they have no bearing on the scores and placements. Troopers and Pioneer could not have had better draws for themselves within their pecking order of Corps yesterday in the San Anton Regional. Did it help them ? No. I don't see any evidence of it. Madison had a bad draw within their mix of corps yesterday. Did this draw hinder in any way their score, placement? No. I don't see any evidence of it here either. I look at the scores and placements and see no evidence at all that a Corps draw had a thing at all to do with their final placement with the judges. if we go back to the historical archives, we see no corelation whatsoever between a position draw and placement. And when we get to Finals Night, we see that the draws a Corps had earlier in the season at these Regionals had absolutely no bearing at all in their Finals placement at Championships.

Edited by BRASSO

Yup.. based on San Antonio results.. and wow.. Crown just had a good draw.

2:00 p.m. Alliance – Atlanta, GA

2:17 p.m. Carolina Gold – Greensboro, NC

2:34 p.m. Atlanta CV – Atlanta, GA

2:51 p.m. Heatwave – Inverness, FL

3:08 p.m. Southwind – Mobile, AL

3:25 p.m. Pioneer – Milwaukee, WI

3:42 p.m. Pacific Crest – Diamond Bar, CA

3:59 p.m. Jersey Surf – Camden County, NJ

4:16 p.m. Cascades – Seattle, WA

4:33 p.m. Intermission (51 minutes)

5:24 p.m. Spirit of Atlanta – Atlanta, GA

5:41 p.m. Oregon Crusaders – Portland, OR

5:58 p.m. Mandarins – Sacramento, CA

6:15 p.m. Troopers – Casper, WY

6:32 p.m. The Academy – Pheonix, AZ

6:49 p.m. Colts – Dubuque, IA

7:06 p.m. Crossmen – San Antonio, TX

7:23 p.m. Blue Stars – La Crosse, WI

7:40 p.m. Boston Crusaders – Boston, MA

4:33 p.m. Intermission (17 minutes)

8:14 p.m. The Cavaliers – Rosemont, IL

8:31 p.m. Phantom Regiment – Rockford, IL

8:48 p.m. Madison Scouts – Madison, WI

9:05 p.m. Blue Knights – Denver, CO

9:22 p.m. Santa Clara Vanguard – Santa Clara, CA

9:39 p.m. Bluecoats – Canton, OH

9:56 p.m. The Cadets – Allentown, PA

10:13 p.m. Blue Devils – Concord, CA

10:30 p.m. Carolina Crown – Ft. Mill, SC

10:59 p.m. Awards Ceremony

IMO BAC should move up. Very much under scored GE, guard , drums and music balance front selection/AMPs etc. Great voice unlike anything in DCI including the tape stuff. Look at BK the kids due a great job with easy show. Their uni's color wash out their production. ( 1990 show type).

Best draw they could have gotten in the 4-5-6 grouping. They're really gonna have to put on a heck of a show to catch Crown going on last though. I think they easily can, we'll see.

Hadn't thought of it in that context. Makes sense.

INT never gets a bad draw, nor a good draw... 'not sure whats up with that.