How are they deciding Atlanta line-up?

Sorry, calling a spade a spade here. BD's percussion sucked ALL YEAR in 2008. Not just a Finals. That is a fact.

Well,.. you can yell it to the roof tops in italics that " BD percussion sucked ALL Year in 2008, not just at Finals" call it " a fact ", get a couple of other misguided posters to buy into it, and so forth, but the real fact is that you are wrong. While Percussion was certainly not BD's strong suit in 2008, BD did not suck ( you words :) " ALL YEAR in Percussion in 2008. As a matter of fact, BD won percussion a few times that year and even won Percussion as late as 7/22 in 2008 in a show competition in Hattisburg Miss. And guess who BD beat in Percussion( among all the others ) ? Phantom Regiment. So there you go, you are factually proven to be wrong above that BD sucked in Percussion in 2008 " ALL YEAR ". Furthermore, BD was 3rd in Percussion in both the Quarters and Semi's in '08,, but fell to 5th at Finals in 2008. ( and thus lost by less than a tenth in the upset to Phantom at Finals ) These are just unassailable, irrefutable " facts ", . So, no matter how much we use italics for emphasis, get others on board with that, it does not make the inaccurate comment any more accurate, nor believable. Not for people anyway who simply know better, based upon the available scores that are readily available to all of us for our own personal self knowledge,..... and quite apart from what a few other, apparently also misguided folks, might have also incorrectly concluded from your factually inaccurate, and easily disproved " facts " from above..

Edited by BRASSO

What's interesting to me, is that all of the scores from say 15 and up are getting higher for the most part. Mand. and OC are holding steady at 69.x and tied for over a week. I don't mind the tie, but I do mind that we all see they are improving, but no score increases for about 4 shows? That's just wrong. One of the tightest races will be 16-20 when you add in the OC corps. it should be interesting come finals week.

I totally understand and agree. As I pointed out earlier PC saw a 4 point drop from their previous show, a show where they were .5 from Colts, 72.00 at Belton, TX to 67.45 at San Antonio, TX and competitive with Spirit for a week. To me a 4 pt drop is pretty questionable (even for a bad show IMO) especially when a corp had been competing with their peers for a week if not more e.g. Mandarins.

However, it is quite typical to see score drops for the lower tier corps at regionals and finals, especially to have better number management towards the top. The bottom tier are all probably a couple points higher than they actually are, what IMO hurts the most is the corp that has to set their tier. Maybe not necessarily spread wise but certainly score wise. They more or less set the score floor for a show and everyone else falls in line. A judge definitely doesn't want to start cramming corps together though they should be able to manage scores regardless.

Well,.. you can yell it to the roof tops in italics that " BD percussion sucked ALL Year in 2008, not just at Finals" call it " a fact ", get a couple of other misguided posters to buy into it, and so forth, but the real fact is that you are wrong. While Percussion was certainly not BD's strong suit in 2008, BD did not suck ( you words :) " ALL YEAR in Percussion in 2008. As a matter of fact, BD won percussion a few times that year and even won Percussion as late as 7/22 in 2008 in a show competition in Hattisburg Miss. And guess who BD beat in Percussion( among all the others ) ? Phantom Regiment. So there you go, you are factually proven to be wrong above that BD sucked in Percussion in 2008 " ALL YEAR ". Furthermore, BD was 3rd in Percussion in both the Quarters and Semi's in '08,, but fell to 5th at Finals in 2008. ( and thus lost by less than a tenth in the upset to Phantom at Finals ) These are just unassailable, irrefutable " facts ", . So, no matter how much we use italics for emphasis, get others on board with that, it does not make the inaccurate comment any more accurate, nor believable. Not for people anyway who simply know better, based upon the available scores that are readily available to all of us for our own personal self knowledge,..... and quite apart from what a few other, apparently also misguided folks, might have also incorrectly concluded from your factually inaccurate, and easily disproved " facts " from above..

I notice you don't argue my fact. and having seen them a week before at Allentown, I thought their percussion scores then were generous

ouija board

Well if THATS how the judges were chosen for this Atlanta Regional , then let me be on record as saying.. and publically... that these judges for Atlanta are the finest, most knowledgeable, experienced, honorable, caring, loving, handsome, well dressed, likable, intelligent, and personable DCI judges we could ever possibly hope to meet. With no pun intended, they are all the perfect power of 10 in my book. (haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

Well if THATS how the judges were chosen for this Atlanta Regional , then let me be on record as saying.. and publically... that these judges for Atlanta are the finest, most knowledgeable, experienced, honorable, caring, loving, handsome, well dressed, likable, intelligent, and personable DCI judges we could ever possibly hope to meet. With no pun intended, they are all the perfect power of 10 in my book. (haha!)

Ouija do this?

Ouija do this?

Only if the Ouija Board is in pristine, mint condition, and its operators Federally licensed & bonded.

Edited by BRASSO

Only if the Ouija Board is in pristine, mint condition, and its operators Federally licensed & bonded.

I don't think you got my pun, but it was so terrible that I will give you the benifit of the doubt here.

I don't think you got my pun, but it was so terrible that I will give you the benifit of the doubt here.

Ouiji do this for me if I wasn't such a wussie ?

What's interesting to me, is that all of the scores from say 15 and up are getting higher for the most part. Mand. and OC are holding steady at 69.x and tied for over a week. I don't mind the tie, but I do mind that we all see they are improving, but no score increases for about 4 shows? That's just wrong. One of the tightest races will be 16-20 when you add in the OC corps. it should be interesting come finals week.

Definitely a lingering stall I've not seen in my five years of obsessive score watching in the lower ranks of WC. Plenty of room for open class to sneak in come semis if this pattern continues. Both Mandarins and OC have made obvious improvements this past week and the scoring should reflect that. And look at PC - a few unfortunate things happened in their run and they had a significant drop at SA. All three corps are in the same boat - fighting at this point to stay above the top open class corps.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 2