Top 12 is too dense for Colts to make it in. Who will drop out? Crossmen? Blue Stars? Crusaders? No.

• Like 1

Nobody is going to drop out, the Colts are working to push someone out! I think any of the 10 - 12 corps need to be worried!

watch out your bias is showing. If SA told us anything is that the Minneapolis show was underscored. All the groups colts "were" ahead of passed them. 3 points behind that group in front of them. Their visual is carrying the corps.

COLTS are Not cleaner than Academy or Troopers and not as good of design . Academy show is very good and Troopers are very clean . Colts are better than they were . But others have progressed more .

It's my review of what I saw . Sorry if you disagree .

On to intermission .

We will never agree that they aren't cleaner and if you watch the drills between those 3 corps, the Colts is much more demanding and fast paced.

watch out your bias is showing. If SA told us anything is that the Minneapolis show was underscored. All the groups colts "were" ahead of passed them. 3 points behind that group in front of them. Their visual is carrying the corps.

What's wrong with showing bias? I've been a marching member of a top 12 corps and have spent 30 years of my life watching the activity and I like what I see from them.

Edited by Pit Dad

You never know what kind of changes will take place in the last couple of weeks that will make a difference. I just think it's good for the activity to not have the same top 12 year after year and the Colts show is gaining steam and is cleaner than anyone around them right now.

Good for the activity and judge ordinals are two different conversations. Until the Colts start getting the numbers to catch up people are going to have a hard time believing. The things you are saying about Colts is the same thing every person is saying about "their" corps.

You never know what kind of changes will take place in the last couple of weeks that will make a difference. I just think it's good for the activity to not have the same top 12 year after year and the Colts show is gaining steam and is cleaner than anyone around them right now.

find the last time the top 12 was the same 2 years in a row. Not as common as you believe.

2014 crossmen

2013 blue stars

2012 Crossmen

2011 Spirit (I believe)

2010 Madison scouts

2009 troopers

2008 Madison scouts

Edited by BlueStainGlass

find the last time the top 12 was the same 2nd years in a row. Not as common as you believe.

2014 crossmen

2013 blue stars

2012 Crossmen

2011 Spirit (I believe)

2010 Madison scouts

2009 troopers

2008 Madison scouts

Well then you've just made my point! If Colts, Troopers, or Academy get in, then we've got a very strong activity! In my OPINION, the Colts have the strongest of those 3.

Edited by Pit Dad

Well then you've just made my point! If Colts, Troopers, or Academy get in, then we've got a very strong activity! In my OPINION, the Colts have the strongest of those 3.

Bet they never have the same top 12 which you said it would be nice to not have inferring that it happens. If we had the same top 12 that would show strength in the groups and there can still be movement. Rather have the same top 12 with groups competitive than a 12th place group 3 points behind with no chance to move up. Look at 2008 Madison was 2-3 points behind glassmen going into all the nights of finals so you already knew last. Imagine this year 4 groups all within a point.

Colts were sitting about right here last year. They made changes to their show in the back few weeks that really made it come together. People made the same comments last year and they ended up 13th around a point behind the 12th place corps. If you count them out, you're wrong. IMO, they could very well be in that mix again. Who it is is the question. I can't think of one of the three of Crossmen, Boston, Blue Stars that I'd say are extremely vulnerable. Okay, maybe 1. But I'm not bringing that up now, that's a discussion for later.

• Like 1