Which Open Class Corps Will Make Semi Finals?

We're about to find out starting tonight, Music City, Legends, Vanguard Cadets, and Blue Devils B have been dormant from competition for awhile now, and I'd bet they weren't enjoying their summer relaxing. 7th Regiment and Spartans for that matter are the real deal.

So 3 will make Semifinals by default. Vanguard Cadets and Blue Devils B are a shoe in, at least in my opinion. Seeing both their shows early on it was pretty apparent that again after their little Cali tour in June, they'd spend a few weeks really cleaning and finishing their additions, do their little SoCal championships in July, and spend a few weeks more doing that. They're World Class, that's no question. Especially after last year. So that leaves these that I'd say have shown they're Semifinals worthy:

Genesis

Legends

Music City

7th Regiment

Spartans

In World Class, Music City, Genesis, and Legends have quite frankly put the beating on Pioneer a few times. Legends have 4 pointed them and the other two have at least 3 pointed them. Given, I think Pioneer has a more difficult show, but it's VERY dirty right now. Their semis chances are looking a little bleak. Better show, better performance levels, but the Open Corps have shows that are pretty tailored to where they are talent wise, and they're performing them VERY well. Pioneer depends on how much they can clean and where they'll place.

Jersey Surf, we'll see. I think again, it depends on how they clean. It's a really fun show, but there's some open shows that I think are a lot more complex, and in the end, could overtake them. Visual design is pretty concerning (at least to me).

Cascades......I think are safe. I think their show has enough difficulty and will clean. I think it's appropriate for where they are and has enough depth for the long run.

If I had to guess, I'd say:

20) Vanguard Cadets

21) Blue Devils B

22) Cascades

23) Genesis

24) Jersey Surf

25) Legends

26) 7th Regiment

27) Music City

28) Spartans

29) Pioneer

30) Gold

31) Jubal

32) Coastal Surge

33) Colt Cadets

34) River City Rhythm

35) Raiders

36) Les Stentors

37) Blue Saints

38) Racine Scouts

Unknowns are the two other international corps.

I'm not sure about putting Racine last. I don't know how those kids are doing it, but each show has a mulit-point jump over the last. Tonight is was almost 6 points in Open Class competition.

Keep pushing Chrome!

• Like 1

I'm not sure about putting Racine last. I don't know how those kids are doing it, but each show has a mulit-point jump over the last. Tonight is was almost 6 points in Open Class competition.

Keep pushing Chrome!

I think they added a 5th brass player - that might be the reason!

I think they have also rolled out the welcome mat to any Coastal Surge players that want to join them.

I think they added a 5th brass player - that might be the reason!

I think they have also rolled out the welcome mat to any Coastal Surge players that want to join them.

I hope they can pick up some more brass, especially if it can help out a folding Corps.

• Like 1

Well, first off of course Vanguard Cadets and Blue Devils B are in. That's just a fact. The first World Class corps out is Pioneer, followed by potentially Jersey Surf. Genesis and Legends have both shown they are in, and 7th Regiment...maybe. Jersey Surf, and followed by Cascades, have a reasonable chance of being out. Here's how I see it playing out:

14. Colts

15. Spirit of Atlanta

16. The Academy

17. Oregon Crusaders

18. Mandarins

19. Blue Devils B

20. Vanguard Cadets

21. Pacific Crest

22. Genesis

23. Cascades

24. Jersey Surf

25. Legends

First out for me is 7th Regiment.

Edited by somebandkid

Well, first off of course Vanguard Cadets and Blue Devils B are in. That's just a fact. The first World Class corps out is Pioneer, followed by potentially Jersey Surf. Genesis and Legends have both shown they are in, and 7th Regiment . . . maybe.

Legends was beaten last night by Music City.

Interesting night last night, Legends who had been leading Music City early on and were close to Genesis dropped some, though with a partial panel. I think we're going to see Open Class competition tighten up some this year. To my eyes and ears, 7th Regiment, Legends, and Music City are pretty drastically improved over last year. Legends in just about every way, Music City Visually, and 7th Regiment a little bit in each caption. I think Spartans aren't notable better or worse, and I think Gold's show won't compete as well this year. Last year the groupings were pretty clearly:

Blue Devils B

Vanguard Cadets

----------------------

Genesis

Spartans

----------------------

7th Regiment

----------------------

Gold

Legends

Music City

This year, I see it more as:

Blue Devils B

Vanguard Cadets

----------------------

Genesis

Spartans

7th Regiment

Legends

Music City

----------------------

Gold (Who knows, they could have improved a bunch in recent weeks and could very well be in that mix too, just not that impressed with their product this year).

Legends was beaten last night by Music City.

It's at least worth noting that every time besides July 22 that Legends and Music City have faced off, Legends have won.

Another point is the recent surge of 7th Regiment, who just overtook Blue Devils B. I definitely think that when it comes down to the last spot, it could definitely be between Legends and 7th Regiment.

• Like 1

BDB's last score is almost 2 weeks old, hard to believe that they haven't made any progress. Not sure I understand putting Legends next to 7th Regiment when their score 2 nights ago they were 4th head to head, almost a point behind MC and almost 2 points behind Genesis.

with OC shows so far apart (both in date, and in region) I think its going to be hard to tell anything until you get everyone together in Michigan city.