Which Open Class Corps Will Make Semi Finals?

Legends, MC, 7th, Genesis all have had very little head-to-head up till now

That's not entirely true.

All three corps have competed together 3 times;

Legends has met Music City 5 other times; and

Legends has met Genesis 3 other times (though one was not scored due to rain).

7th Regiment has not yet faced any of them.

Music City had not beaten either Genesis or Legends, until this past Wednesday, when they moved ahead of Legends by 0.8

Genesis and Legends have traded places, with Genesis winning the last two meetings

Edited by Eleran

Legends, MC, 7th, Genesis all have had very little head-to-head up till now, and have plenty coming up in the next week.

Too soon to tell in my book.

7th has had only 4 shows this year. 2 out of 4 have just been them vs Spartans, their other opponents being Raiders and Les Stentors.

MC's faced Legends every time they've had a show, and faced Genesis three times.

Legends is a solid .500 vs Genesis, and 7-1 vs MC.

I'd have to say if I have one most likely to be out, at this point it's MC.

BDB and SCV Cadets at least the past couple of years seem to steam ahead of corps (world class corps) during finals week. Probably a combination of them being fresh and world class corps are tired. Last year BDB surged passed Oregon Crusaders, Academy and SOA. I don't think anyone predicted that. It's hard to know. Comparing scores from early shows is meaningless. Scores seem to fluctuate when both open and world class corps compete directly.

I'm not sure about putting Racine last. I don't know how those kids are doing it, but each show has a mulit-point jump over the last. Tonight is was almost 6 points in Open Class competition.

Keep pushing Chrome!

And an almost 3 point jump tonight.

Great job, Racine!

Anyone know how to access last year's scores? Would be interesting to see how some of these groups have progressed from last year. The new DCI website is pretty much useless on historical info.

An example of how scores from different shows aren't very helpful:

On July 18 at San Antonio, Cascades had 64.200 and Genesis had 61.350.

On July 25 at Atlanta, Cascades had 69.000. On July 25 at Oregon, Genesis had 69.650.

Did Genesis really overcome a nearly three-point deficit to overtake Cascades? It seems unlikely, but we have no way of knowing.

Starting last year, they're on the same sheets.