Tear The Roof Off The Sucka

If the forecast holds, the weekend shold be relatively temperate for August in Indiana.

Does anyone know whether DCI has the option to open the roof at LOS? During football season it's up to the Colts but I don't know of DCI can make the same decision.

Edited by StuStu
  • Like 1

I had to like any post with a Parliament reference. Heh.

If the forecast holds, the weekend shold be relatively temperate for August in Indiana.

Does anyone know whether DCI has the option to open the roof at LOS? During football season it's up to the Colts but I don't know of DCI can make the same decision.

They're predicting hell on earth here in Texas. Daily high temps in the 105 range. One of the Dallas TV weathermen posted on FB that models are showing there could be isolated areas that go to 113. And this is for at least a week. (Thankfully San Antinio is ONLY supposed to get to 101.)

They're predicting hell on earth here in Texas. Daily high temps in the 105 range. One of the Dallas TV weathermen posted on FB that models are showing there could be isolated areas that go to 113. And this is for at least a week. (Thankfully San Antinio is ONLY supposed to get to 101.)

Yeah band camp has been a little toasty in SA, but as cool as it was early summer- I can't complain

all of the corps design their shows with LOS roof closed acoustics in mind, i think, right?

i'd love for dci finals to go back to open air venues, but it probably wont' happen, unfortunately.

Sure.And they rehearse exclusively in those enclosed spaces too. Are you insane? Edited by Channel3

Sure.And they rehearse exclusively in those enclosed spaces too. Are you insane?

BD rehearses during finals week indoors.

Also irs clear corps design theor shows to be done in lucas oil. Its why electronics are being embraced, because there is no chance of it raining if its indoors. Look at the huge banners for crown, a mess outdoors in the wind. Perfect indoors.

• Like 1

BD rehearses during finals week indoors.

Also irs clear corps design theor shows to be done in lucas oil. Its why electronics are being embraced, because there is no chance of it raining if its indoors. Look at the huge banners for crown, a mess outdoors in the wind. Perfect indoors.

Not exactly rocket science, right?

Every corps' design team keeps in mind the LOS indoor acoustics when designing shows.

For the record, I'm in favor of having finals outdoors again.

DCI had planned on having an open roof for the premier show in June. The threat of rainy weather put the kibosh on that one.

As much as an open-air stadium would be preferred under perfect conditions, the roof does provide a consistent environment for all corps - not to mention air conditioning for the fans!