Hotel crisis in Indi, anyone have an empty floor?

The MotoGP motorcycle race also is in town this weekend. That will draw at least 50k.

Which is apparently what caused this whole issue.

My hotel arrangements fell through so now I'm scrambling to find somewhere to stay Thur/Fri/Sat nights. Hotels are all booked or outrageous rates now, as is AirBNB, so if anyone has any space on their floor I would greatly appreciate it and can *pay* you. I packed my sleeping pad so I would be comfortable on a floor, just need somewhere to lay my head. I'm a married 28 year old male, if that makes any difference! Thanks!

Someone on reddit mentioned volunteering with a corps to stay with them, which I would 100% do if I knew who to contact, etc.

Depends, how hot are you? (Kidding),,,

I'm at a concert tonight but PM me.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

Not surprising. Apparently DCI Staff and Directors were told tonight that Finals is within 2000 tickets of selling out the home side, top to bottom, corner to corner. All wristbands (corps members) are sitting in the endzones. Not the corners, the flush endzones.

in other words... plan for a huge traffic jam in the merchandise area as you try to walk to your seats and then plan for really long lines to get drinks at the concession stands..

The Indy city cop I talked to today said that tix sales for the IndyGP event were embarrassingly low... Under 20k. The event is wholly unsupported by the town. They only run this event every two years because of the bad crowds.

The Indy city cop I talked to today said that tix sales for the IndyGP event were embarrassingly low... Under 20k. The event is wholly unsupported by the town. They only run this event every two years because of the bad crowds.

Every two years? They ran it last year too.

If you look at Hotwire, there are several rooms available, albeit not in the center. I struggled to find (affordable) rooms back in May. I had to get VERY creative.