Percussion Question

This is a fine example of why sometimes I would tell my son "wow you guys (drumline) were on fire tonight" and he would say naww we had front to back issues is why we lost percussion.

His ears are very well trained. He notices things I never could. No wonder he has been on championship lines 5 years in a row from HS to open class now WC.

I would like to see excellent percussion judges like Prosperie and Kristensen be freed up to focus on sampling as much of the battery as possible and free up the box guy to focus on the pit; and the percussion score would be the sum of the two judges.

10 yard penalty for rational thought.

• Like 1

Percussion is an overrated caption. Brass and music should hold more weight. It's the music that sells the seats.

LOL. Imagine a show with no front ensemble of drums. Talk about taking the sprinkles, candles, icing, sugar, and everything that is fun and makes the cake special out.

That's all I have to say. ESPECIALLY if you are trolling.

;)

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Percussion is an overrated caption. Brass and music should hold more weight. It's the music that sells the seats.

Percussion is an integral part of "music" in this activity. You better believe that the incredible level of percussion writing and playing in this activity helps to sell more than a few seats.