OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

We go from paper airplanes to kites during One Day I'll Fly Away. Lovely pit intro to the song.

Low brass now sounding very lush as they play the melody, slowing making their way forward to the front of the field.

Upper and middle brass now join in.

More kites appear as the brass make their way, or fly their way, up to the front tarp for the big statement of the song.

Gorgeous iridescent flags in the guard! They catch the stadium lights wonderfully.

pit balance is off - needs more keyboards - would really help their ensemble sound

such a strong Crossmen show this year - I hope they build upon this next year. I think they will! This organization is really taking shape!

Did they change something with the mics on the tunnel cam? I hear tunnel chatter but barely hear the corps unlike last night :-(

Lone mellophone reprises the melody backfield as the song ends. Now the percussion is on the tarp, rippling their licks from one side to the other. A great musical effect.

Vocalist nails it again as we move into Butterfly.

One of the horn members "parachutes" down to the front of the field.

Quick drum break before the horns come back in.

Nice balance between the horns reprising One Day I'll Fly Away and the vocalist.

They're on their feet in Lucas Oil for the Crossmen!