Carolina Crown 2016

For some proper historical perspective, it is a recent DCI phenomenon that allows DCI shows of today to be judged without a Brass Judge, or a Percussion Judge, or a Guard Judge, or any combination therof. In the Pre DCI years, and for the first few decades of DCI, it would have been unthinkable to not have a Brass Judge, Percussion Judge, Color Guard judge in a judged show. It would be considered unfair to all... including the youthful competitors out there on the field of competition. BUT.... things change, and with that, attritudes change as well to what should be acceptable, and what should not. Most people now would appear to think... in an economy move... that its appropriate now to judge shows with halfazz sized panels with no Brass/ Drums/ Guards judges. So we've accepted this recent phenomenon without batting an eye, and so basically, thats that, and it is what it is.

Edited by BRASSO

You can certainly choose to look at it this way , although MMs were always doing what adults ( designers ) have told them what to do. Just as in any performance activity for the most part. i have taught for many years and there are very few , if any IMO in the activity that look at their members as pawns but do feel privileged as staff to share expertise and knowledge to achieve a level they may not have dreamed of. All perspective I suppose.

Poor choice of words and certainly the MMs are respected by the staffs and certainly audience, Brassi posted more eloquently than I did that it really is the talent of the design teams that are competing presented through the hard work and talent f the MMs.

Poor choice of words and certainly the MMs are respected by the staffs and certainly audience, Brassi posted more eloquently than I did that it really is the talent of the design teams that are competing presented through the hard work and talent f the MMs.

i got ya and agree but will also say design teams have always been a part of the equation and no show or thought of a show works without the key elements , it's members. It's a team sport and only works as a team . Which includes it's staff...I do agree that full panels of judges are needed and should be in place. it's only fair, but that's another topic I think.OK I'm off the soap box...lol

Edited by GUARDLING

Have you drawn your will yet?

Coates and company have serious secrecy standards and consequences to those who don't oblige.

i know bluecoats as well but i know corps dont like to release things early