Spirit of Atlanta

Its not the board, its the president. She likes it her way or the highway. I know, trust me.

But if enough of the remaining board members don't have enough decency and ethics to vote her out of her position - which they have the power to do - then the board members who won't vote her out get to share in the blame.

Edited by oldsoprano

But if enough of the remaining board members don't have enough decency and ethics to vote her out of her position - which they have the power to do - then the board members who won't vote her out get to share in the blame.

You are right about that. I know of at least one member on the board will not stand up to her.

Wow! Sorry to hear this!

Edited by Madcityscout

Bingo, I'd really like them to re-visit the 93 show or build something oldschool, re-establish the old identity. Even if the have to bring back Georgia, Old Man river, Nutville, let it be me. Scouts re-built their "brand" after 2009...no reason why Spirit cant do the same

Hey, I thought I was the only person that remembered that '93 show. Great music!

Hey, I thought I was the only person that remembered that '93 show. Great music!

This year has especially highlighted that the oft-quoted Cesario comment about judges encouraging corps to develop their own identity is very alive and well. For Exhibit A, see Scouts, Madison. There's no reason Spirit can't do the same.

Mike

This is a good point Mike. I would add that Madison went back to the "spirit" of their identity...something I've been hoping for for a long time -

That they would find a way to be the powerful. aggressive Madison, but in a fresh/relevant way. They could have easily ended up being

a mere parody of their former selves by rehashing things from the past. I'd love to see Spirit do their version of the same thing - capture the

"spirit" or essence of who they are for the modern activity. I feel like they did exactly that with the Vegas and Speakeasy shows!

• Like 1