Spirit of Atlanta

Yea, but nobody talks about the Cleveland Browns once the playoffs start (except Cleveland Browns fans). They talk about the playoff teams, and eventually the top four, two and winner. That's natural. It's not a slight towards the teams that didn't make the playoffs, it's just reality.

When you think of DCI finals as the playoffs, and the top 2 or so as the championship game, it makes a bit more sense. No, it's not a perfect analogy, but it's close enough.

Detroit is always out of the superbowl but we never stop talking about them (because they are embarrassing) but you just suported my argument that people don't care about anyone under 5th in sports too 👍

Users participate in topics that interest them. So...

1. Create interesting topics.

2. Make a first post that encourages a response.

3. PROFIT!

Glassmen forums were silent besides few alum and every show people said was bad. Glassmen disappear and all of a sudden everyone cares and wants to talk about them. They were labeled boring and now people can't wait for them to be back. It's like when someone dies and all of a sudden everyone is like they were great and I miss them but never said that to them when they were alive.

I get your point.......still sad they are stuck IN the ashes. My SOA ended in 1988. I would really love a Ott inspired show.....been saying it for years, maybe if they are retooling someone will finally realize the tunes they play after their shows and in parking lot has more bang than what they put on the field.

• Like 1

I can get the desire to throw back, but it can be integrated into a show with new music that the corps can make their own. 1 for the alumni, 1 for the judges, 3 for the crowd.

• Like 1

This year has especially highlighted that the oft-quoted Cesario comment about judges encouraging corps to develop their own identity is very alive and well. For Exhibit A, see Scouts, Madison. There's no reason Spirit can't do the same.

Mike

• Like 3

This year has especially highlighted that the oft-quoted Cesario comment about judges encouraging corps to develop their own identity is very alive and well. For Exhibit A, see Scouts, Madison. There's no reason Spirit can't do the same.

Mike

I can get the desire to throw back, but it can be integrated into a show with new music that the corps can make their own. 1 for the alumni, 1 for the judges, 3 for the crowd.

I could get behind a good mixture too. Even just a fanfare of something throwback. New body of classic Southern jazz and maybe old school closer. Something that says we remember who we are and we are going to be the best at it again.

Mike

Bingo, I'd really like them to re-visit the 93 show or build something oldschool, re-establish the old identity. Even if the have to bring back Georgia, Old Man river, Nutville, let it be me. Scouts re-built their "brand" after 2009...no reason why Spirit cant do the same

Edited by Tony Flores
  • Like 1

I was hoping that out of the ashes would you know be like the evolution of the city of Atlanta along with the evolution of spirit. The opener from their first show starts and a staple song of atlanta. Imagine them playing Georgia on my mind as the closer instead of what they did.

I'm free to design shows :p

Edited by BlueStainGlass
  • Like 1

Let it Be Me is the classic but We Are the Reason from 82 and 83 was a powerful closer as well......so many amazing classics they could resurrect.

• Like 1