Why are there so many less DCP DCA fans posting since 2012"ish&#34

why can't DCA partner with Soundsport?

I mean it's all but the mini corps DCA has used for years now, and at least in DCI's case, they found a way to make some money off of it

DCA is primarly a NE activity and does not seem to have any interest in expanding outside the NE. It will either live and thrive in the NE or die in the NE. Its entirley up to the DCA voting block.

Well - if it's an ease of use issue one would expect to go to the FB DCP and find plenty of DCA posts, right? I just did that, scrolled down, down, down further - it's all DCI. The DCI season is done. DCA is still active. Still scrolling - there's one for a high school marching band. Nothing on DCA yet...

I don't think that's it...

As mentioned earlier - anyone not enamoured with the current version of drum corps has been pretty much hounded off of any drum corps social media. I used to be pretty active on DCP but barely come in here now. When I do and voice an opinion that is not all unicorns and puppy dogs I get gang-gonged pretty quickly. So - no contrary opinions wanted, thank you very much - you're only welcome if you love everything about the new era. And that's pretty much an encapsulation of the modern DCP for you.

If there is relative silence, I think it speaks louder than words.

• Like 1

There IS one related condition I believe relevant, yet not mentioned here. That is, the reported policy of a corps to tell its people to stay off Drum Corps Planet. I just never got that whole thing. I see it to be an overreaction to what might be. I prefer to wait for the 'might' to become a 'what has.'

Here we had a willing and good sponsor in DCP. Someone who put up real money, as a fledgling operation, in order to grow together with DCA. Yet, the message of some DCA participants was . . . . . just stay away from that.

I've heard the purported logic, but remain confused as to risk/reward.

• Like 1

DCA is primarly a NE activity and does not seem to have any interest in expanding outside the NE. It will either live and thrive in the NE or die in the NE. Its entirley up to the DCA voting block.

I think it has regions, or pockets it can sustain. But the weekend touring, and lack of shows to perform in will ultimately prevent growth.

So you've got some in the midwest. Which piggyback onto DCI shows in order to get performance opportunities.

You've got those in the east that mainly stay within their DCA shows.

You've got those in the south, who I think are split between DCI and DCA shows because there's not many shows for either down there anymore.

I think for much of the country, DCI corps are just more manageable due to performance opportunities. Even without doing a full tour.

How many people went to the Woodstock, GA, Schuylerville, NY, or Racine, WI DCA only shows? Where they profitable?

Hate to get off topic on SoundSport....

SoundSport has held numerous standalone shows in England, France, Colombia, Guatemala, China and Taiwan just none state side as the market is slightly different. In Columbus area we have 15 shows within a 2 or 3 hour driving distance which gives us some options in asking to perform at local shows. The closest DCA show is about 7-8 hours away which costs considerably more and forces a change in logistics and planning for travel.

I've performed at the Douglasville and Racine shows and the crowds have been ok. It was an honor to perform on Horlick Field for sure. Still had more people in the stands than DCA Prelims :P

Edited by lcarlton

Great. More northeast. How many hours between Erie and Minnesoooootah?