Stirring the pot !

"May???????" IIRC, in defense of C2, this is not a retreaded Cadets program from the past that I'm aware of.... but the Cabs "may" have an edge? Umm... the proper term there is that they "do".

You got to admit though that it is the Cabs visual that was their undoing.

i can only comment from what i saw in clifton, but C2's show is not a retread. I think the Russian Christmas Music may be something out of the YEA books, but it sounds like they've redone some of it. And the rest of the show is wicked. A great blend DCA is known for of entertainment, art, and challenge.

I think Bux can't go much further with their show. Its ok. But it feels like we watched it last year. Tthey had tons of bad attacks and hung over releases in the horns, and some foot stuff that was a mess. Cabs had lots of visual dirt and rough brass sections. C2 had a show that was attainable in the season's time. And they were at a point where they had a few things to fix (feet, accelerando in closer, make impacts bigger) and they could probably change a few things in the time allotted to get some more ooomph out of their show. So I think they had the most upside, while the other two had so much stuff to clean it just looked like they bit off more than they could chew for the time left in the season.

Cadets2 Wins 2015 DCA Championship. :wow:

. . . and, why not?

I see Cadets2 having a 70% chance of taking First or Second in Rochester.

Obviously this was a good idea for a thread, although it doesn't look too likely that C2 can grab first tomorrow night. Every year since they were formed, it seems to me, C2 has been quite clean at Finals with a show that's designed a little easier than the other top corps. This year they are even cleaner than in 2012-2014 and their show is designed a little more ambitiously. But any of the #2-#4 corps could still trade spots, in my opinion.

And Bucs had some trouble with electronics before they started. Imagine if a penalty for delay had cost them!

Obviously this was a good idea for a thread, although it doesn't look too likely that C2 can grab first tomorrow night. Every year since they were formed, it seems to me, C2 has been quite clean at Finals with a show that's designed a little easier than the other top corps. This year they are even cleaner than in 2012-2014 and their show is designed a little more ambitiously. But any of the #2-#4 corps could still trade spots, in my opinion.

And Bucs had some trouble with electronics before they started. Imagine if a penalty for delay had cost them!

Wow

Talk about turn about,

Judges have done A 360 degree turn the last couple of years.

What once was very predictable and darn near calculated is now a gamble at prelimbls .

Judges are all over the place with scores. Call it what you want. Call it fairness in scoring, Call it getting it right. Call it what you want but it seems we have a DIFFERENT direction than we have had in the past.

• Like 1

You got to admit though that it is the Cabs visual that was their undoing.

More than that

Wow

Talk about turn about,

What once was very predictable and darn near calculated is now a gamble at prelimbls .

Judges are all over the place with scores. Call it what you want. Call it fairness in scoring, Call it getting it right. Call it what you want but it seems we have a DIFFERENT direction than we have had in the past.

Judge your sheet and judge the show of the day. Not different.

What's different is corps closer than ever in talent and design, with varying weaknesses and strengths.

• Like 1

Wow

Talk about turn about,

Look at DCI judging. You think you're group is doing well and then the last week the judges hold their nose while looking away and think you stink.

There are judges who work both DCI and DCA, aren't there?

There are judges who work both DCI and DCA, aren't there?

Yes. Several.

For those that are making the treak to Rochester and those watching the live feed the biggest disappointment in Minnesota Brass's show is that you'll only get to see it two more times live. Regardless of placement it's one of those shows that you'll love to watch over and over. It's a tantelizing seamless production from beginning to end with maddening melody and captivating harmonic. It has all of the right ingredients to give you goose bumps and the chill's.[/quote

I agree. While I don't think the execution ranked top 3, I really enjoyed this show. I'm looking forward to seeing it again tonight!