A Final Word on the DCA Competition Problem (this year)

Next up there will be restrictions on any corps that starts with a B, because they all ruin or will ruin DCA at some point. Bushwackers, Brigadiers and Buccaneers.

The secret to the Bucs success is not in the letter "B," but in their carefully concealed arrrrrgyle socks !

For those that were around back then, my question is this:

Was the same said about the Bushwackers when they won 6 championships in 8 years starting when they were only 5 years old?

maybe but you didnt have the internet then

• Like 1

I just didn't sense the "Winning all the time/winning too much/monopoly" insinuations. More frustration at times that they were just winning. Sometimes frustrations were expressed that they weren't "entertaining or effective" by certain very narrow definitions of those words. Again, sound familiar? You bet.

One can get fixated too much on what they believe is the best way to express the activity or the way they best like it on a personal basis. Even from a fan perspective, I think they deny themselves a lot of great experiences. Heck- if I was fixated on that, I'd be kvetching that there's not enough Symphonic Jazz being performed. If I had the creative input or control somewhere, I'd try and sell it, likely fail. The arena of ideas is huge, and I'm still seeing a lot of ideas I'm engaged by in DCA regardless whether it's my fave stuff. God help any corps trying to write to please me. I'd tell them NOT to unless doing the material pleases *themselves*. :satisfied:

With Bush, there were times where I'd watch and listen, and think that it was something I'd never think of creating myself or going in that direction, but that it was a great experience to see and listen to the ideas because they came from such a different perspective that was also really exciting and thoughtful. Again, the same with the Bucs. The same with BD.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1