Cadets 2016

Tobias

From George's FB

UNIFORMS

There are some hot rumors that the Cadets are going to change uniforms mid season. Makes sense I guess?? We did it once so we will do it again !!!!

Some folks; totally in the NOT KNOWING, claim that they have empirical evidence that we are changing outfits. They claim I have said so. They claim I said so in a lot in Lynn.

They claim wrong !!!

Folks ... how boring would it be to do the same thing two years in a row.

Plus, what would we change to ?

C2 Blue ?

The Traditional Cadet Uniform ???

A Body Leotard?

If we were changing ...

Would we have given the maroon to C2?

Would we have added all of the statue embellishments to the black?

Would we really do another change in mid season? Why ???

We had a reason for the big one last year. The NEON.

We had a plan, whether you liked it or not we had a plan.

This time ???? no Plan.

Is it possible ... just possible ...

That some folks enjoy keeping people distracted and argumentative???? or that they want to be at the center of attention with information regardless of bow correct or incorrect it may be ??

What can I tell you ....

If I was a betting man .... I would expect to see the Cadets in black for the 2016 season. They look good. The contrast works as we had hoped. The plumes and sashes make a huge difference, and we are and will be ... grateful to DeMoulin for the work they have done to being both corps to where they are.

Perhaps we can put the uniform rumor to bed?

Hmm..... I guess there is a lesson to be learned here. I am glad that GH put this rumor to rest. Just goes to show that not all "know" what they claim. Haha. Rumors with no evidence often fail.

Edited by blakman7
  • Like 2

So they restaged a lot of the ballad. Looks much better, well, it will once it is clean. I'm going back for ensemble around 8 tonight. Looking forward to it.

Today's rehearsal felt lIke old day cadets. This corps has that sort of vibe.

Glad Sully is back. They needed some old Cadet blood screaming at them like the good old days..
  • Like 3

The only Cadets talk in the Bac thread is you and your agenda attempting to make it seem like Cadets are bleeding visual staff to Boston en masse.

It's funny, I was just at the Cadets visual rehearsal ten minutes ago and all the techs and caption head and designers were efficiently and quickly restaging the ballad.

It's amazing how reality doesn't always line up with the rumor mill.

Funny you say that. I watched ensemble rehearsal last Friday in Clifton and was very impressed at how rehearsal was conducted. Orders from the box by caption heads and techs all over the field beating the kids, (jk).No shortage of talented techs from what I saw especially guard people. Edited by Tobias

Cadets in visual rehearsal restaging middle portion of ballad. Looks good. Marc helping run rehearsal. Very intense day in cadets land. Wouldn't want to be a corps scoring just above them right now. Making changes - quickly! Two full visual blocks today.

Love the ballad. Making it even better? 😂

• Like 1

From George's FB

UNIFORMS

There are some hot rumors that the Cadets are going to change uniforms mid season. Makes sense I guess?? We did it once so we will do it again !!!!

Some folks; totally in the NOT KNOWING, claim that they have empirical evidence that we are changing outfits. They claim I have said so. They claim I said so in a lot in Lynn.

They claim wrong !!!

Folks ... how boring would it be to do the same thing two years in a row.

Plus, what would we change to ?

C2 Blue ?

The Traditional Cadet Uniform ???

A Body Leotard?

If we were changing ...

Would we have given the maroon to C2?

Would we have added all of the statue embellishments to the black?

Would we really do another change in mid season? Why ???

We had a reason for the big one last year. The NEON.

We had a plan, whether you liked it or not we had a plan.

This time ???? no Plan.

Is it possible ... just possible ...

That some folks enjoy keeping people distracted and argumentative???? or that they want to be at the center of attention with information regardless of bow correct or incorrect it may be ??

What can I tell you ....

If I was a betting man .... I would expect to see the Cadets in black for the 2016 season. They look good. The contrast works as we had hoped. The plumes and sashes make a huge difference, and we are and will be ... grateful to DeMoulin for the work they have done to being both corps to where they are.

Perhaps we can put the uniform rumor to bed?

I thought I already had...

They aren't changing uniforms. They work very well for the show.

Hopkins's writing style is...interesting to stay the least. It's so incongruous with how he speaks in real life. I really don't know where it comes from.

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 3