Cadets 2016

Tobias

A"costume" (like Bluecoats) is way less expensive than a uniform. I think we are entering an era of new show theme based costumes every year- just as we have seen with guard costumes

Wow, that sounds totally awesome ... for the uniform manufacturers. If only they could resell the lightly-soiled costumes to a band each year, you'd really have a self-licking ice cream cone!

Cadets present uniform has become a non-issue for me. The overall production is truly magnificent. Just enjoying the music, the excellence in brass and percussion technique, keeps me too engaged on its own, no time for buttons/no buttons. I find myself really caring about how much improvement I get to notice with each new viewing. It's there, for sure!

I'm liking the refinement of the 3 significant statues (trumpet, violin, Adonis). The guard is coming around, too, but I still see some fuzzy things that hopefully will become mirror-like. It could be an impossibility to make the guard look more like statues than they do right now. Not by color, at least. Maybe through more stop-action freeze points, or something. The corps drill during the final number is creating a proper frenzy, the big finish most of us hope for.

This is SOLID show with medal potential. Keep work'n hard, Cadets. It's paying off!

yes

Wow, that sounds totally awesome ... for the uniform manufacturers. If only they could resell the lightly-soiled costumes to a band each year, you'd really have a self-licking ice cream cone!

Well get used to it ......

Oh, I am resigned to it. When the insiders in the activity can profit from pushing more supplier product, they generally find a way to make it happen.

I think it's more about evolution than some conspiracy to make more money for suppliers!!!

I think it's more about evolution than some conspiracy to make more money for suppliers!!!

Evolution refers to adaptations made to a changing environment in order to gain a competitive advantage.

I think this supposed advantage that costumes give is still to be determined

In the era of modern movement for brass and percussion you can see why costumes like Bluecoats are wearing are the way forward. It looks silly doing this kind of movement with shakos and more traditional uniforms.

• Like 2

In the era of modern movement for brass and percussion you can see why costumes like Bluecoats are wearing are the way forward. It looks silly doing this kind of movement with shakos and more traditional uniforms.

Not all corps are playing on slip'n slides. Obviously West Point uniforms are a bit much but there can be a happy medium without going into equally as silly looking spandex and pajamas.

Don't kid yourself!