Cadets 2016

Tobias

Sounded really great and the best part to me was that the stage is way less intrusive than 2014 and is being used better. That moment is going to be pretty powerful (both emotionally and sound-wise) by the end of the season

during the opener it is used for the guard on silk... second tune used for guard on rifle plus french horn ensemble... ballad you saw here, with the dancers and horn players pushing forward during the build, and then retreating. Haven't personally seen the closing visual yet - so that is a mystery...

but you are correct, MUCH better usage and the height is perfect

Prior to previous years, the more they are adding, it gets better.

:p

But seriously, love what I'm seeing and hearing. Turning sounds chilling. And their trombone usage is by far my favorite I've seen so far this year.

The new designers are really impressive. They are not heavy handed. I think there's a fine line between expression and cheese +'GH is leaving the design to the designers this year.
  • Like 2

Ok so remember when was complaining earlier in the year about how I couldn't get into Turning? I am eating my words now. It actually sounds pretty #### cool.

The beginning part is very dissonant so I can see where you were questioning it but when you listen snd watch the entire ballad, it's beautifully haunting and we'll done but I feel this is an area that's far from perfect and they'll continue to later and tweak...

The beginning part is very dissonant so I can see where you were questioning it but when you listen snd watch the entire ballad, it's beautifully haunting and we'll done but I feel this is an area that's far from perfect and they'll continue to layer and tweak...

The beginning part is very dissonant so I can see where you were questioning it but when you listen snd watch the entire ballad, it's beautifully haunting and we'll done but I feel this is an area that's far from perfect and they'll continue to later and tweak...

I think at the time I first heard it, I was having problems hearing all the different notes because they were inside the gym. It sounds much better outside.

I think at the time I first heard it, I was having problems hearing all the different notes because they were inside the gym. It sounds much better outside.

My thoughts exactly. Now that I hear the different parts and it's not one big jumble of loud notes, the piece tells a story.

• Like 3

My thoughts exactly. Now that I hear the different parts and it's not one big jumble of loud notes, the piece tells a story.

agreed as well - it is much better outdoors where the sound really opens up

Possibly the darkest ballad I'VE ever heard.

####, they have drones too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWPjxDBE1PE

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2