Cadets 2016

Tobias

Run through with jackets and shako today - the season's just around the corner now.

Or as someone pointed out, "June is a show month!"

Yeah!

Were you there? Curious to get feedback on the unis.

Edited by Tobias

Run through with jackets and shako today - the season's just around the corner now.

Or as someone pointed out, "June is a show month!"

I DON'T miss doing that!

I was not there, unfortunately.

And 2000Cadet - GH explained a few weeks ago that they used to HAVE to do several run throughs with jackets because the old style were so restrictive that the marchers would have to get used to them. The current new jackets are supposed to have eliminated that issue, but I guess they still wanted at least one before tomorrow's performance, just to see.

And 2000Cadet - GH explained a few weeks ago that they used to HAVE to do several run throughs with jackets because the old style were so restrictive that the marchers would have to get used to them. The current new jackets are supposed to have eliminated that issue, but I guess they still wanted at least one before tomorrow's performance, just to see.

Yes snd shakos with 14" plumes need some getting used to especially for brass players that are doing all sorts of fully body movements. Hopefully the weather is good and GH gets his 650 donors sines get to see them!

I almost want to wait to see this show in person rather than in theaters.... what do y'all think?

That's an extra week for me to wait! No I'll go to theater. The season is short, I need my fill of drumcorps.

Yeah I think they changed the material in 2007 or something like that. The old jackets were so heavy and even worse when we sweat in them; I think I put on an extra 10lbs after each show while wearing them.

I thought wearing uniforms during ST was to help the mm get used to marching with everyone in uniform instead of T's, sport bras, skin, etc. and assist in their visuals during drill moves.

I thought wearing uniforms during ST was to help the mm get used to marching with everyone in uniform instead of T's, sport bras, skin, etc. and assist in their visuals during drill moves.

It's that reason as well.