FINALS DVDs

My guess is that Tom Blair and company probably get a flat fee for the recording of the event and a percentage of the total sales, so the master is probably set and ready to go.

You realize you signed up for an update notification list, not the jelly of the month club, right?

You should have been hugged more as a child.

The purpose of an email newsletter/update is to keep in touch and instill confidence, two things DCI has not done.

The purpose of an email newsletter/update is to keep in touch and instill confidence, two things DCI has not done.

So then they should send a welcome email? That is what the poster I was referring to had stated, and I think it's sad.

So then they should send a welcome email? That is what the poster I was referring to had stated, and I think it's sad.

To be fair, it is extremely rare for me at least to sign up for some sort of emailing list for notifications and not get an automated "thank you for signing up..." along with a "if you are getting this by mistake reply with CANCEL" type of thing.

I know that DCI is a non-profit business, but still a business that generally has pretty sub-par customer service. I can understand how the person you replied to could add this to the list of "DCI dropped the ball customer service/announcement wise" items that is already substantial, and not have confidence that DCI is on top of things on this issue. It's not like the poster was expecting a check-up phone call from Dan A. or something; they just seemed surprised there was zero confirmation for signing up for the announcement/update emails

• Like 2

To go with Wonkers post (bleeping non quoting IE 11) about lack of response. Even if DCI did not send a thanks for joining, how long has it been since any kind of update has been sent. I work with the military and if I left anyone hanging I'd hear about it "from above". Even a "sorry but nothing has changed" message at least let the customer know they have not been forgotten.

No response seems to be corps related problem. Donated twice to a corps who in their website said I would get notification that the check was received. After the second time with no response I got worried that someone kited the checks and contacted them directly. Answer was yes they got the money and I should contact the person (personal email address included) who didn't email that the check was received. Talk about passing the buck...... Don't have that problem anymore as quit giving to them.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Sorry if somehow I offended you, tes. Sad? Maybe my choice of words wasn't accurate enough for you. Welcoming is not what I was going for, but a simple confirmation? An auto-response acknowledging that any update forthcoming would be sent to the correct email? God forbid, a short statement on where things stood currently?? Or a short recap of the situation (not everyone signing up for the supposed updates has read everything posted over the past 6-8 months)??

Any of those options would have cost some bottom-of-the-ladder employee no more than three minutes to create. Really don't think that's above and beyond normal customer service expectations, especially when the company took the step of creating the update mail list in the first place.

Sorry if somehow I offended you, tes. Sad? Maybe my choice of words wasn't accurate enough for you. Welcoming is not what I was going for, but a simple confirmation? An auto-response acknowledging that any update forthcoming would be sent to the correct email? God forbid, a short statement on where things stood currently?? Or a short recap of the situation (not everyone signing up for the supposed updates has read everything posted over the past 6-8 months)??

Any of those options would have cost some bottom-of-the-ladder employee no more than three minutes to create. Really don't think that's above and beyond normal customer service expectations, especially when the company took the step of creating the update mail list in the first place.

I know I may be old school, but I expect competent customer service from ANY business. I don't think that's asking too much. I honestly can't think of the last time I joined an emailing update list and did NOT get an automated response at least confirming that I did indeed sign up to receive emails.

I know I may be old school, but I expect competent customer service from ANY business. I don't think that's asking too much. I honestly can't think of the last time I joined an emailing update list and did NOT get an automated response at least confirming that I did indeed sign up to receive emails.

Many businesses send an acknowledgement that you have signed up to an email list. Then again when it comes to trying to get off that email list, it can be a whole other story. To this day, there are a couple that no matter how many times I try to unsubscribe, nothing ever happens. That's when email filters come into play.

Edited by Fish

Yes. It's an extremely common and standard business practice to receive an autoresponder email when signing up for any such email list. I've yet to receive anything from DCI on that mailing list - and I have no reason to ever expect anything.