Anyone see the new ending yet? Thoughts?

It's on youtube.

End of what they had was still the same, just tacked on a silent ending. The pit and trumpet motif from the beginning returns as the brass puts their horns down and does a FTL spread back across the field like they were in the beginning, and conjoin hands.

Reminds me A LOT of Bluecoats 2006 Connexus ending.

Edited by DrumManTx

It's on youtube.

End of what they had was still the same, just tacked on a silent ending. The pit and trumpet motif from the beginning returns as the brass puts their horns down and does a FTL spread back across the field like they were in the beginning, and conjoin hands.

Loved Connexus! What a great show.

It's on youtube.

Wonder why they tacked that on. Was it something the judges suggested? I noticed BAC has been beating them lately in visual.

I'm really not a fan of soft endings. I always thought it confuses the audience. Like they're doing a standing O, then it gets quiet all of a sudden and everyone sits back down.

Guess I'll have to wait to see it when their in uniform.

Edited by xbones7480

I'm really not a fan of soft endings. I always thought it confuses the audience. Like they're doing a standing O, then it gets quiet all of a sudden and everyone sits back down.

IMO, if a corps going to do a soft ending, they've gotta make it so that it is in some way memorable. Cadets 1987, Vanguard 1988/89, Phantom Regiment 2010, and Blue Knights 2015 are all prime examples of soft endings that did just that.
  • Like 1

thanks for sharing your thoughts Jake... (seriously, most of the discussion on the board is about the top 4 or so, so there aren't many well thought out looks at the other corps)

I hope you are wrong though... haha :tounge2:

Can't wait until I get my turn to see all the shows live later this season!

Edited by soccerguy315

Any Xmen fans think this show might be too easily maxed out by the MMs ? Wonder if the design team is willing to up the ante this season or we'll just have to wait until next season. In any case it's clear to me that the Crossmen took some really big strides forward this off-season and it's paying off on the field.

Edited by corpsband

Any Xmen fans thing this show might be too easily maxed out by the MMs ? Wonder if the design team is willing to up the ante this season or we'll just have to wait until next season. In any case it's clear to me that the Crossmen took some really big strides forward this off-season and it's paying off on the field.

I'm waiting until Belton and San Antonio to worry about that. They have five rehearsal days in the next 10 days (two in a row this week and three in a row next week) so I guess we'll see if they try to up the GE and demand in that time. The schedule sets up nicely to change chunks before San Antonio if they want to. In it's current incarnation they'll just have to stay cleaner than the rest of the corps around them, and while they're clean for now they aren't spotless yet. Time will tell.

Edited by just_me

I'm waiting until Belton and San Antonio to worry about that. They have five rehearsal days in the next 10 days (two in a row this week and three in a row next week) so I guess we'll see if they try to up the GE and demand in that time. The schedule sets up nicely to change chunks before San Antonio if they want to. In it's current incarnation they'll just have to stay cleaner than the rest of the corps around them, and while they're clean for now they aren't spotless yet. Time will tell.

They were doing okay in GE until they tagged on that soft ending in my opinion. I understand that they're probably doing it to enhance the theme (FOR THE JUDGES), but I didn't care what the theme was. It was a fast bada$$ show that moved and grooved CONTINOUSLY. It was a Crossmen show. And it was mature. That's all the fans needed.

Now it reminds me of when they put a tag on the end of Forbidden show where everyone turned into vampires and ran off the field. It didn't work and never helped GE. So why waste 2 days learning it. Those days could be spent on cleaning the already great show they had.

Edited by xbones7480

don't care what the scores were tonite. The people in the stands weren't standing!

#don'tneedstupidtagendingtowindci #wantstandingOBACK

Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 1