I have seen Crossmen only once this season, on the Saturday FN feed from Allentown, and I was really impressed. To me, it's a classic Crossmen show, with modern touches. High energy, fun to watch!!!

• Like 2

Because there is no show thread, Erie results.

Erie PA

BStars-88.35

Crossmen-87

Boston-83.6

Troopers-82.7

Mandarins-78.85

ORCrusaders78.4

PacCrest-75.55

Surf-70.8

That's a closer gap with Blue Stars than Allentown and a wider one from Boston. Crossmen won Visual and I don't know when the last time the Crossmen had an 87.

Can they make 89 by finals?

That's great news. Wish them the best Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 1

89 would put them up there score wise with some of the most respected and remembered editions of Crossmen. But they already are earning that respect.

I think scores will settle down Thursday. 87 seems about right for tenth. But I will be happy to be proven wrong!

Yeah, the judges do tend to lower the scores of the lower ranked corps while increasing the top ones during Finals week.

Crossmen's highest score last year was in the show just before Indy.

I can't wait to see a complete recap, if they ever share one. I have a feeling the guard is really holding up their end of the Visual score, as they did last year.

I would agree that the guard is likely the higher scoring section of the corps again this year.

I think the staff did a good job stepping up the design a bit while keeping it achievable for the level of talent the corps has. If they retain a lot of members, the design will have to step up a notch next year to match.

Thoughts on tonight's performance and results:

Let's applaud that 87.85 score. I don't know when the last time they achieved something that high is. And the 10th place position.

I felt the corps did a solid job throughout. I've seen them perform a lot and I've never seen them execute as well, overall. But, I also saw room for improvement. I really believe they can move over an 88.

This year's Cinderella corps, The Academy, is nipping at their heels They beat the Crossmen in GE, but Crossmen beat them in the other captions. Like everyone else, I think Academy has a fun, well-crafted show. But, they aren't cleaner and I don't think they can catch up in Finals if the Crossmen continue to execute better.

I was a little dismayed at The 2 point gap from the Blue Stars. I thought it might be closer. Maybe the intermission played a part.

Finally, can someone please do something about these problems with the electronics? I know they have a 5 minute leeway to fix it, but it's got to be playing havoc with the corps' heads.

Last observation. I watched in Manhattan. The people in the theater clapped a lot for the Crossmen.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 2