IMO...Crossmen and The Academy are not even in the same league...but the scores lately don't seem to reflect this...I sure as heck was way more impressed this year by Crossmen having seen them twice...Keep the momentum going guys for next year as well...best of luck tonight!

Thanks! hope you get a chance to sit back and enjoy your team too! :D

I think Crossmen should stay ahead of Academy, but Academy has been closing. I really like Academy's show and would really like for it to be 11th. :satisfied:

Edited by soccerguy315

I must apologize to the Crossmen as I've mostly ignored their show all year. I'm a big fan and supporter of them and the Scouts but haven't even chimed in. I'm really glad they're climbing the ladder. I just hope everyone doesn't go the way of the BlueCoats and turn this into WGI on a football field permanently. Go Bones!

There's got to be a morning after.

The Crossmen held onto its best position (10th) in 13 years and best position since moving to Texas. This corps has established itself again and proven the corps adage, "When all else is gone, the Bones remain".

Bravo to every single member and staff.

I saw a really good run last night that was, to me, the best of the three. But, score didn't reflect this. I don't know if judges wanted to keep things low for the first few corps to allow for growth in the top corps.

Now, for a little recap reading, now that full recaps are out.

For the 2nd year in a row, there was a marked difference in the Color Guard placement between Prelims, Semis and Finals. They came in 8th in Prelims and Semis. 10th in Finals. Looking back on all the regionals the only time the Crossmen CG DID NOT rank higher than the corps' overall placement was Atlanta. What was the same between Atlanta and Finals? The judge. Both shows were judged by Chumley.

Academy took 10th in GE and this was no surprise. But, it's interesting to note that out of the 12 judges that judged GE over the three days, five put Crossmen over the Academy in GE. It's just that seven put Academy over Crossmen. It was hardly a sweep by the Academy of the judges. That's why GE gets more judges than any other caption.

But, note that EVERY single corps below Santa Clara was given a lower GE score in Finals than semis. That's right. Only the top 4 corps increased their GE scores.

Crossmen's best caption was Visual Proficiency, where they took 8th, ahead of Phantom and Blue Knights. This was an improvement over prelims/semis. To my eye, their marching was better than I've seen it in Finals.

In almost everything else, the corps took 10th. The only low spot was Howarth giving percussion a 12th place score. In prelims/semis, they were 10th. I'm no percussionist and I don't know if the run was good or not. I can't single out Howarth, though, as the only judge in regionals or championships who ever ranked them lower. Others did, too.

Music was the only overall caption where the score went up in Finals.

That's all, folks.

You guys still good staff wise? BAC is getting meaty.

You really shouldn't stress yourself out so much. Success builds on success. Corpsman had a great season this year. Highest scores and placement since 2003. They are under great leadership and are a solid and financially stable corps. They have a very competent and capable staff. Trust your corps and help them succeed rather than complaining and worrying all the time.

• Like 1

I didn't get a chance to say how much I really enjoyed your well thought out program this season...from the music to the visuals...it was indeed a sheer thrill to watch and listen to this past summer...and I'd also like to give a shout out to the visual staff coordinator for being a real class act at one of the shows I attended this season...I wish more staff acted like you with the professionalism you exhibited to the audience that sat near you before Crossmen performed...thank you!

• Like 3