Favorite Corps Uniforms

nm

Edited by BRASSO

yeah for hot pants!

military style uniforms don't have to be boring and drab anymore either.

http://www.oobject.com/12-bizarre-military-parade-uniforms/mini-skirts-present-day-russian-may-parade/7372/

Edited by BRASSO

Yes,... the Belleville, (Illinois) Black Knights uniforms, circa 1970's.

These unis must have been somewhat hot to wear in the summer's heat, but as far as eye candy, it was pretty cool to look at, imo

Most unis were thick, heavy & made from wool. The old Guardsmen jackets were unbelievable heavy...& also one of the greatest unis ever for both the corps & color guard.

• Like 1

wished we could see a high def video of Belville Black Knights :)

wished we could see a high def video of Belville Black Knights :)

This is the only video I have seen online showing a color close up of the uniform.. Check out the results starting at 2:35. At least their drum majors are shown.

https://youtu.be/xrL4irUqJHQ

Also includes Phantom in their original shakos.

Edited by Fish

This is the only video I have seen online showing a color close up of the uniform.. Check out the results starting at 2:35. At least their drum majors are shown.

https://youtu.be/xrL4irUqJHQ

Also includes Phantom in their original shakos.

Thats great. I forgot how great the Kilties unis were too.

• Like 2

There was lots of diversity of uniforms, shakos, back then. From the Troopers, Kilties, Bridgemen, Kingsmen, Muchachos, 27th Lancers, Boston, Guardsmen, Velvet Knights, SCV, Commodores, Garfield, Cavaliers, Marquis, Les Chatelaines, Crossmen, Madison, and on and on.

Edited by BRASSO

There was lots of diversity of uniforms, shakos, back then. From the Troopers, Kilties, Bridgemen, Kingsmen, Muchachos, 27th Lancers, Boston, Guardsmen, Velvet Knights, SCV, Commodores, Garfield, Cavaliers, Marquis, Les Chatelaines, Crossmen, Madison, and on and on.

Yes. As I have said many many times before, It is very unfortunate that as our society has become more diversified, Drum Corp has gone the other direction & has have become homogenized. Gone are the Spanish, Scottish, British, Jazz, Pop & Show tunes Drum Corps. Its a #### shame. Drum Corps is sorely lacking variety & diversity of styles, which I believe is the biggest contributing factor regarding the current state of the activity.

Yes. As I have said many many times before, It is very unfortunate that as our society has become more diversified, Drum Corp has gone the other direction & has have become homogenized. Gone are the Spanish, Scottish, British, Jazz, Pop & Show tunes Drum Corps. Its a #### shame. Drum Corps is sorely lacking variety & diversity of styles, which I believe is the biggest contributing factor regarding the current state of the activity.

Youre right to some degree BUT another way to look at it is corps now can have much more diversity within their own programs rather than be stuck with one thing. just a thought.

Yes, you are right though. There were more specific and a variety of different style uniforms back in the day.

Edited by GUARDLING