Blue Knights 2016

RPK

What confuses me is how they can jump points when putting out a dirtier closerish ending. Add show that's dirty and jump 3 points?

Especially given the fact that corps with full shows fall as much as 10 points from show to show with their full show. . Maybe the staff should have sent the marchers to the beach for a few days off to soak up the sun and the surf instead of practicing, as its hard to see that such a Corps would have fallen any further than 10 points if they were at the beach, than at practice.

Watching DCI scores with mixed panels, half shows, full shows, etc sure is fun though, isn't it ?

Edited by BRASSO

I'm just going to add how much I love this show (finished or not). It's really intellectual and different and thoughtful - I don't know how else to explain it - but it really grabbed me !

Later,

Mike

• Like 4

Don't agree with you at all. Their show is not outstanding, so "even dirty" it is pretty rough to me.

Maybe if they had their full show on the field I would be able to make a better opinion about if the show itself is outstanding or not.

Evidently the judges have seen/heard something you haven't.

I haven't seen anything but periscope feeds of them...and their send-off show live...so I don't have much of an opinion. I'll know more tomorrow night when I see them live. However, from past years, I've already predicted the rise they've seen in scores. That's just how it works sometimes.

Also, unlike you, I have no problem with them fielding a partial show if that's how they want to do it. To me, it's no different than BD virtually changing their show over the course of their tour. And...all corps do that.

Don't agree with you at all. Their show is not outstanding, so "even dirty" it is pretty rough to me.

Maybe if they had their full show on the field I would be able to make a better opinion about if the show itself is outstanding or not.

I'm more in this camp after seeing the show several times (once live). I like the concept. As a Beethoven lover I love the whole Moonlight Sonata bit. It's a cool show, no doubt, but there are content issues. Excessive body movements have replaced playing and marching to a larger degree here than I am seeing with other corps. It just doesn't have the demand to compete with the top tier, musically or visually. It's not a top 6 show this year. No way, no day will they challenge anyone from the top 5 or the Cavaliers. I think they are going to land in 7th this year. Still, it along with SCV will probably be the show I listen to most after the season is out, because I love the crazy music, especially the Moonlight Sonata played backwards - very cool idea.

Edited by henry7184

I'm just going to add how much I love this show (finished or not). It's really intellectual and different and thoughtful - I don't know how else to explain it - but it really grabbed me !

Later,

Mike

I agree. I had no idea what I was watching but was entranced by it.

• Like 1

Not exactly. Spreads are more important that scores. On 7/3 BD beat BK by 10.5. Last night BD beat BK by 9.6. So not nearly a 3 point jump!

To be fair, I feel like BD has also seen a relatively large/quick jump in score due to making great strides in developing their show.

To be fair, I feel like BD has also seen a relatively large/quick jump in score due to making great strides in developing their show.

Before BD's bump in score, they were 7-8 points ahead of BK (6.5 at Fresno). Likewise, Vanguard beat BK by 6 points at Stanford (after only beating them by 4.35 at Fresno), and 6 points last night. Doesn't look to me like BK is gaining on anyone at this time. I'm sure that will change, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Edited by henry7184

I take it these are the official prop designs. Does anyone who has seen ths show live know whether these designs were in earlier in the season?

https://instagram.com/p/BHnTpEtD1CM/