Official 2016 Blue Stars

What's important is somw people ate finally starting to talk about them. Fans love the show. For years they've been the corps predicted to drop out. They are the corps that won't go away. Brad Furlano has brought in an amazing staff with great design. He knocked it out of the park with the uniform while keeping tradition.

It's been fun to read up on the show and hear how things are going, I'll see my first show next Saturday when I join up for the remaining of tour. I hope to meet some of you guys, so it you get to a show.. Look me up!

interesting weekend scores between Phantom and Madison. Close to what I expected. I predict as the season progresses and the Blue Stars clean up their visual and continue to add elements ... you will start to see them jockey placements between Madison and Phantom...In the end, the Stars seem to have a much more cohesive/seamless music and visual program than both Madison and Phantom and would not be surprised to see them top both of them come the end of the season.

interesting weekend scores between Phantom and Madison. Close to what I expected. I predict as the season progresses and the Blue Stars clean up their visual and continue to add elements ... you will start to see them jockey placements between Madison and Phantom...In the end, the Stars seem to have a much more cohesive/seamless music and visual program than both Madison and Phantom and would not be surprised to see them top both of them come the end of the season.

In the end, the Scouts seem to have a more cohesive/seamless music and visual program than both Blue Stars and Phantom and would not be surprised to see them top both of them come the end of the season.

• Like 1

I was not surprised to see Madison beat Blue Stars at this show, it was their home show, first time the judges saw them in the Midwest against similar competition. It is not uncommon early in the season for judges to play it safe on first viewing and place corps somewhat in line with last years placements until getting more reads. In my view, Madison's drums were extremely dirty, as was their marching....their show is very disjointed musically and visually. (I can not see how Blue Stars did not beat them by a larger margin in music and outright so in visual) I saw Blue Stars in Madison's position and score. Things will change as the season progresses. Remember last year, Blue Stars were in the position of benefit of the doubt based on the previous years scores early in the season and was beating Madison regularly. By the end of last year Madison was on top. In the end, I think things will be reversed this year with Blue Stars eventually being on top. Time will tell, good luck to all

Edited by brians

I was not surprised to see Madison beat Blue Stars at this show, it was their home show, first time the judges saw them in the Midwest against similar competition. It is not uncommon early in the season for judges to play it safe on first viewing and place corps somewhat in line with last years placements until getting more reads. In my view, Madison's drums were extremely dirty, as was their marching....their show is very disjointed musically and visually. (I can not see how Blue Stars did not beat them by a larger margin in music and outright so in visual) I saw Blue Stars in Madison's position and score. Things will change as the season progresses. Remember last year, Blue Stars were in the position of benefit of the doubt based on the previous years scores early in the season and was beating Madison regularly. By the end of last year Madison was on top. In the end, I think things will be reversed this year with Blue Stars eventually being on top. Time will tell, good luck to all

If that were the case than BK would have beat Madison first show out, Crown would have beat Bluecoats, and Boston would have beat the Crossmen. Last year Madison improved their show a heck of a lot over the course of the season as they added, layered and cleaned. By August, they had a better show than Blue Stars and were executing that better show better. THAT is why they eventually beat Blue Stars by seasons end. In early/mid season, Blue Stars deserved their wins over Madison. Both shows are good this year. Both corps have better vehicles than they had last year. We will see where the chips fall at the end of the season, but lets give credit where credit is due.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

I think Blue Stars are just wrangling with an incredibly difficult and evolving show. I'm not too worried about the long haul at ALL. They started with a very bare template and have been gradually layering in their thematic elements and additions to moments. Think they're starting bare and layering like Crown last year rather than battling a bunch of rewrites all year like they did last year. The show has not changed much in terms of the bones, just adding a lot of small details, refining, and cleaning. But the drill and overall structure doesn't have major flaws like last year did.

Based on some stuff I have seen as of late they have added a TON of body stuff in the empty visual moments that is obviously new. Think with three days and some home turf shows Saturday will be really good.

Think we will see a steady rise til finals as they clean and continue to refine the show. 1 behind Madison is definitely not a bad place to be right now.

With all three captions so strong this year, think they will be up to the challenge.

I think Blue Stars are just wrangling with an incredibly difficult and evolving show. I'm not too worried about the long haul at ALL. They started with a very bare template and have been gradually layering in their thematic elements and additions to moments. Think they're starting bare and layering like Crown last year rather than battling a bunch of rewrites all year like they did last year. The show has not changed much in terms of the bones, just adding a lot of small details, refining, and cleaning. But the drill and overall structure doesn't have major flaws like last year did.

Based on some stuff I have seen as of late they have added a TON of body stuff in the empty visual moments that is obviously new. Think with three days and some home turf shows Saturday will be really good.

Think we will see a steady rise til finals as they clean and continue to refine the show. 1 behind Madison is definitely not a bad place to be right now.

With all three captions so strong this year, think they will be up to the challenge.

I love their show this year. Leaps and bounds better than last year, although I still don't get the point of the girl walking around with the umbrella. Gosh, it is so hard to move up in DCI these days.