Official 2016 Blue Stars

Well, if you eliminate the 2.4 body slam of Mankato (crown also got a 2.7 body slam at the same show) Blue Stars had scored at the previous 2 shows a 70.3 and a 69.8. a little less than a week ago. If the judges don't go crazy land like they did in Mankato, and the Blue Stars preform to par, it would seem to me they should more than likely score around 70-71-72 or so.... putting them between Madison and Phantom....closer to Phantom. The Muncie show was close to a full panel. (had one judge for each caption) Not sure what the judge make up will be like in Rockford, but probably not a full panel.. so there could be strange incomplete scores once again.

Edited by brians

I am very excited to see what tonight holds after last night. I didn't think Academy would top them, but I wasn't expecting a 2.95 gap and only .2 back of Phantom in GE and only .45 back in music. And that was after putting in a ton of new visual stuff apparently. And Academy is GOOD this year.

:)

Flying under the radar it seems.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

I'm not concerned about Blue Stars making finals. The only question is how high they can push. If they max out their potential I can see them in 7th.

• Like 2

Well, if you eliminate the 2.4 body slam of Mankato (crown also got a 2.7 body slam at the same show) Blue Stars had scored at the previous 2 shows a 70.3 and a 69.8. a little less than a week ago. If the judges don't go crazy land like they did in Mankato, and the Blue Stars preform to par, it would seem to me they should more than likely score around 70-71-72 or so.... putting them between Madison and Phantom....closer to Phantom. The Muncie show was close to a full panel. (had one judge for each caption) Not sure what the judge make up will be like in Rockford, but probably not a full panel.. so there could be strange incomplete scores once again.

Not so sure you can say that just based on the Academy spread. You also have to look at Pacific Crest, who was closer to Blue Stars last night than a few days ago against Madison. I think it's going to be interesting tonight. They will be close, for sure. Wisconsin is representing this year with great shows by both corps.

Also, spreads are more important that scores. They had a drop in Mankato, but so did Crown as you said. Likely, anyone else there would have had a drop in score. If their score drops to a 50 tonight, they will still be neck and neck with Madison and right behind Phantom.

Edited by henry7184

Not so sure you can say that just based on the Academy spread. You also have to look at Pacific Crest, who was closer to Blue Stars last night than a few days ago against Madison. I think it's going to be interesting tonight. They will be close, for sure. Wisconsin is representing this year with great shows by both corps.

Also, spreads are more important that scores. They had a drop in Mankato, but so did Crown as you said. Likely, anyone else there would have had a drop in score. If their score drops to a 50 tonight, they will still be neck and neck with Madison and right behind Phantom.

PC was in a no mans land the past week in terms of corps of their caliber, they finally had someone they were relatively close to last night (Colts), so I think their score last night was more indicative of where they really stand.