Crown Percussion

...and 1985 - 2nd (if it wasn't for the high Perc Ensemble score, they would have placed 4th).

If it weren't for the mishap to open Candide, they'd have scored 9.9 on the field rather than 9.5. The field drum judge told them that afterward.

• Like 1

It seems to have been said, but to add a bit more...

1) Overall level of the book from front ensemble to battery

-I felt there was a slight decline in the front ensemble with Markworth not there this year

-On that same note, I felt there was a noticeable improvement in the front ensemble for Bones with him [Markworth] being

there full-time

2) Absolute pristine cleanliness, relative to the other lines in front of them, who are also playing a much more difficult book.

Edited by ibexpercussion

I'll say - just compare 2014 to 2015 ... they didn't drop any snares to the ground in 2015!

Are you serious?

First off, that was an unfortunate event.

Second, any judge worth a shut isn't going to drop a percussion program due to something like that.

Third, the judge thought that members composure and professionalism was remarkable, as evidenced by statements and actions following that incident.

Your comment may have been intended as a joke but that's pretty weak if that was your intention.

• Like 1

The snareline couldn't play clean rolls in their feature at Finals last year. The body movement and tuning was too aggressive for the issues they were having. Blue Knights percussion was better in my opinion.

• Like 1

Your comment may have been intended as a joke but that's pretty weak if that was your intention.

I don't really think anyone could make that comment in any way other than a joke, so yeah, that was my intention.

And I made that joke as a guy who once feel off a rickety bench being used as a makeshift podium while conducting a show, so yeah - I tend to look for the humor in things. Sorry it didn't tickle your funny bone.

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 5

Are you serious?

First off, that was an unfortunate event.

Second, any judge worth a shut isn't going to drop a percussion program due to something like that.

Third, the judge thought that members composure and professionalism was remarkable, as evidenced by statements and actions following that incident.

Look at the Cadets' 2009 drum scores: 3rd in prelims; 3rd in semis; SEVENTH in finals due to a snare member falling down. If that's not a "drop," what is it?

• Like 1

I don't really think anyone could make that comment in any way other than a joke, so yeah, that was my intention.

And I made that joke as a guy who once feel off a rickety bench being used as a makeshift podium while conducting a show, so yeah - I tend to look for the humor in things. Sorry it didn't tickle your funny bone.

The OP found it amusing. That's all that counts. :colgate:

• Like 3

Look at the Cadets' 2009 drum scores: 3rd in prelims; 3rd in semis; SEVENTH in finals due to a snare member falling down. If that's not a "drop," what is it?

It certainly is, but your argument doesn't take into account that their percussion had an off night possibly, and others may have had better runs on finals. That, and that it was a different judge calling it like he saw it instead of following the placement trend of the other 2 nights. Those couldn't be factors.

They seemed off to me besides that. Didn't help at all probably, but from what I can remember it just seemed really fuzzy on finals night.