2015 DVD/Blu-Ray Appears to be Shipping

Lifehacker posted a guide which is similar or the same to the process brichtimp and drangin use. I do the same and use Plex to host the videos from my laptop.

http://lifehacker.com/5559007/the-hassle-free-guide-to-ripping-your-blu-ray-collection

I would also recommend watching the Amazon Gold Box deals to pick up storage upgrades at great prices. I picked up a Crucial 480GB solid state drive and a 16GB RAM upgrade for under $150 and threw in a 2TB hard drive for another $100. I'm literally doubling all of my storage and memory.

With MakeMKV for ripping, Handbrake for rendering and Google Drive at $2 a month for 100 GB I made my own Fan Network, available on any of my computers. I knew when Fan Network went away that it wasn't coming back.

Similar here, MakeMKV to rip, but then I store it as-is on a NAS and use Plex. That way I just let Plex handle the transcoding and don't need to involve handbrake to get different output sizes/quality. Plex app on the Rokup and Fire Stick and other devices and I'm good to stream anywhere. Only do Handbrake if I want to put an actual copy on the iPad/phone/etc. for non-streaming.

I've got the DVDs and have just been using MakeMKV and using Google Drive to store the MKV files, since those play just fine on my mobile devices and work computers (shhhh, don't tell my boss).