The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

It is SO refreshing to hear a lot of buzz about this corps on the brink of breaking into the top 12. To me, this is the most exciting thing about drum corps - who is going to take that coveted 12th spot - will it be a first-timer? I have only seen a short snippet of the Academy's show but I was sold instantly. Looking forward to seeing the whole run at DATR. Woo hoo! Go Academy!

I promise you won't be disappointed. Academy is amazing this year.

What the judges think and what people thing are two very diferent thinkings

As a huge BD honk i know this all too well.

Well that sucks. Figured they would be there since they seem to go pretty much every year. Looks like we are waiting for Minneapolis for a broadcast then.

:(

They go up against the Colts on Saturday though, should give an idea of how accurate their scores are.

Edited by DrumManTx

Academy will not be at datr

:confused: Yeah I figured that out after I posted it. DATR line up is a little small this year. What's up with that?

Anyway I wish all the best for the Academy. It ain't easy to be a non-finalist corps and get noticed and they've done it with some entertaining shows and hard work!

Edited by luv4corps

:confused: Yeah I figured that out after I posted it. DATR line up is not huge this year. What's up with that?

Not sure, but I really don't know why this show is so marginalized by DCI. It would be the perfect venue for a large regional, and is in the perfect location to attract open class corps from west and east that normally don't cross the Rockies.

I would go so far to say that if DATR had a lineup similar to Minneapolis, you would have one of the highest attended shows of the season. Remember, over 40,000 people attended finals here.

• Like 1

Not sure, but I really don't know why this show is so marginalized by DCI. It would be the perfect venue for a large regional, and is in the perfect location to attract open class corps from west and east that normally don't cross the Rockies.

I would go so far to say that if DATR had a lineup similar to Minneapolis, you would have one of the highest attended shows of the season. Remember, over 40,000 people attended finals here.

It's easily my favorite venue I have attended a show in. Almost got rained out, but the weather, view, city, and venue were sublime.

Made me want to live there.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Yeah it's actually one of the few big arenas that is outdoors. I would travel there for DATR every year if it became a large regional. I have family in town and it's a cheap flight.

• Like 1

It's easily my favorite venue I have attended a show in. Almost got rained out, but the weather, view, city, and venue were sublime.

Made me want to live there.

2014 right? That was as muggy as I'd ever felt in Denver, and I lived there for 20 years. That was a great night for drum corps though.

Easily the best venue on the DCI tour. Ample parking, ample public transportation, good food, cheap flights and hotels, plenty of warmup room for corps, massive seating, suburb outdoor acoustics... DCI really does a disservice to this show. This would be a great regional, and it could be early too.

• Like 1