The Academy 2016 - The Drum Corpse Bride

If I remember right the guard was dead last in prelims AND semis. That undoubtedly bled into visual and GE.

I listen to that show quite a bit. Think they had a steel drum. Fun show!

Last? As in last last? I couldn't find 07 caption scores to double check. A 13th place corps with a dead last guard sounds not right, but if it is right, the rest of that 07 corps was even more amazing than I thought.

Last? As in last last? I couldn't find 07 caption scores to double check. A 13th place corps with a dead last guard sounds not right, but if it is right, the rest of that 07 corps was even more amazing than I thought.

21st/22nd in quarters, 17th/17th in semis.

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/2007augustdcirecaps.htm

So not quite, but pretty much.

• Like 1

I'd completely forgotten they were that close to finals in 2007. I talked with some Academy volunteers in 2006, and they indicated that the corps would stay in division II a bit longer and take their time. So I was pretty surprised that they made the decision so soon to join division I (I think it was still division I and II back then).

I think they bit off more than they could chew brass-wise in 2008, and that set them back a bit.

They've certainly programmed fan friendly shows the last couple years, but I've always found their programs to be highly accessible. 2011 remains my favorite of theirs (and Bachs-ing with Cavies that year, though Academy was a bit more literal).

I'd completely forgotten they were that close to finals in 2007. I talked with some Academy volunteers in 2006, and they indicated that the corps would stay in division II a bit longer and take their time. So I was pretty surprised that they made the decision so soon to join division I (I think it was still division I and II back then).

I think they bit off more than they could chew brass-wise in 2008, and that set them back a bit.

They've certainly programmed fan friendly shows the last couple years, but I've always found their programs to be highly accessible. 2011 remains my favorite of theirs (and Bachs-ing with Cavies that year, though Academy was a bit more literal).

2011 is my favorite of theirs too. Every part of it, including one of the more underrated ballads of the last few years to me.

Last year was close, and this year will be too. 2014 is not too far behind either.

2011 is my favorite of theirs too. Every part of it, including one of the more underrated ballads of the last few years to me.

Last year was close, and this year will be too. 2014 is not too far behind either.

The three musical selections in 2011 fit SO WELL together, though some of that had to do with arranging, I suspect. I'm trying to think of other shows that had tunes that were that cohesive: Cadets 93 (though both the same composer), Cavies 09, Regiment 00 (this one is fresh on my mind). I'm sure there are others.

21st/22nd in quarters, 17th/17th in semis.

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/2007augustdcirecaps.htm

So not quite, but pretty much.

Jeez! I never knew that. That corps was so talented and I loved seeing them live that summer. If that guard had been up to the level of the rest of the them, wow.

Side note: Oh, how I love the 07 season. Look at all of those August West Coast shows, and so many corps coming out to the left side that have only been back once or twice, and never together. Sigh....never again. :(

Ummm not. Good to have goals. But this has gone as far as you can take. Akadimik no twelve for you. Troopers better.

Edited by E3D

Ummm not. Good to have goals. But this has gone as far as you can take. Akadimik no twelve for you. Troopers better.

Was that English?