Ticketmaster Class Action Settlement savvy and sage

I received today an extended email about the settlement of the class action lawsuit with Ticketmaster for those who had bought tickets a while back and had registered as part of the class action.

Long story short is that discounts will be given but codes for these and when applicable won't be emailed until June 18th and after. By then most great seats for DCI will be long gone.

If any DCPers have any similar situations with DCI ticketing, perhaps their wise advice might be shared in this thread to benefit other posters too. Thanks.

I know people who refer to them as ticket bas***d. Not my favorite company for sure.

I've always hated them. I remember when Pearl Jam was in on a law suit against the company (that never really went anywhere), where the band went on a huge summer tour and played ONLY non-ticket master venues. There were, of course, issues, and the band realized ticket master was/is an unavoidable part of the concert process.

• Like 1

I know people who refer to them as ticket bas***d. Not my favorite company for sure.

Still better than Comcast!

I received today an extended email about the settlement of the class action lawsuit with Ticketmaster for those who had bought tickets a while back and had registered as part of the class action.

Long story short is that discounts will be given but codes for these and when applicable won't be emailed until June 18th and after. By then most great seats for DCI will be long gone.

If any DCPers have any similar situations with DCI ticketing, perhaps their wise advice might be shared in this thread to benefit other posters too. Thanks.

I've seen dozens of these over the years and I've rarely seen claimants get more than pennies while the blood-sucking lawyers pockets hundreds of dollars.

I'm curious what the "settlement" was, but I'd be shocked if the refund is worth more than the stamp it takes to submit qualification requirements.