Nobody really knows this, as no recent poll of the DCI fan base opinions has been done by DCI that we could compare this with the fan opinions with the poll results here on DCP.

The only recent poll of DCI fan opinions that we can compare with one here done on DCP was about 8 years or so ago when DCI asked fans from across the country their favorite DCI shows of all time. The winner of this poll was the 1989 SCV show " Phantom of the Opera, with 2nd place being the 1984 Garfield Cadets " West Side Story ", 3rd place 1994 BD " My Spanish Heart ", 4th place, 2007 Crown's " Triple Crown " and with the 2002 Cavaliers " Frameworks " and 95 Madison Scouts show also found in the top 10. Far down the list of " Honorable Mentions " was included the 1993 Star of Indiana's show. Yet a similar poll here on DCP had the 1993 Star of Indiana show as the fan favorite ( at the time ) here. (I tried to find it, but couldn't ) So yes, at least from these two 8 year old polls anyway, it would be accurate to conclude that DCP ( a much smaller group of fans ) is not as representative in their opinions compared with the much larger DCI poll that had far more participants in their polling to secure a much different result of DCI fan opinions.

Very true. I'm basing my opinion off of my previous knowledge on other communities I participate in. I probably should've modified my wording a little so that it didn't come off as if I was stating some fact.

I do still think that we are a little different from the rest of the DCI fan crowd :smile:

• Like 1

I don't know if I could make a top ten favorite shows of all time list, that would be extremely difficult for me. I love a lot of shows

• Like 1

I believe the Couchmen have a good chance to move up in the next few years... or at least move over.

INT ? They'll be stuck in the middle of the pack till hell freezes over.

And that is the issue, isn't it? When the top four corps score above 98, let's face it, you're talking about someone putting a near-perfect show on the field. It takes veterans in DCI to do that, a lot of them. A high school band cannot compete with a college band, it's simply maturity and strength.

Of all the things Crown had going for it, and there were many, they clearly benefitted from being the only WC corps in the south (all due respect to Spirit). Band in the south is a big deal because football is a big deal. Crown was very smart in developing a love affair with southern high schools and colleges.

Right now, Crossmen have Texas to themselves, with Genesis trying to make a run. Somehow they have to carve out an identity (that's how BC did it) and they HAVE to keep kids in the corps as they approach age-out. With all those former Crown people on staff, they have a better shot than anyone else. But it is going to continue to be a battle because of the stranglehold Crown, BD, Cadets and now BC have on the medalist stage.

Crossmen need that breakout show concept. I would like to think Academy is that corps because they have figured out their niche, but they have to MAKE finals first.

Crossmen have the largest amount of age-outs this year since the move to Texas. (35 or 36) and over 75 vets.

• Like 1

Crossmen have the largest amount of age-outs this year since the move to Texas. (35 or 36) and over 75 vets.

When was the last time the corps had that many age-outs period? Early 00's? Late 90's?

• Like 1