Is that evident anywhere than on DCP? For example, is BK's Facebook page mobbed with complaints about their show not being done?

I am referring to DCP reaction, which is the point of reference for these discussions.

Since Blue Knights can control their Facebook page, I would hope if there were comments of outrage from the fans, the comments would be deleted. FB is an important tool for non profits to positively represent an organization.

Regarding the accuracy of DCP and shows, very often when I read about the shows I attend, what I read on DCP often coincides with what I saw and this includes fan reaction. Perhaps we are only hearing the angry rants of a few, but remember the west coast has fewer opportunities to see WC corps, so they could very well be upset at an incomplete show, or perhaps the vocal few are only speaking for themselves.

I am referring to DCP reaction, which is the point of reference for these discussions.

Since Blue Knights can control their Facebook page, I would hope if there were comments of outrage from the fans, the comments would be deleted. FB is an important tool for non profits to positively represent an organization.

Regarding the accuracy of DCP and shows, very often when I read about the shows I attend, what I read on DCP often coincides with what I saw and this includes fan reaction. Perhaps we are only hearing the angry rants of a few, but remember the west coast has fewer opportunities to see WC corps, so they could very well be upset at an incomplete show, or perhaps the vocal few are only speaking for themselves.

DCP is a very unrepresentative segment of the DCI fan population. I would bet that a lot of people on the West Coast don't even realize that BK hasn't been fielding a full show. We on DCP are the, so to speak, hardcore fans of DCI. You see this type of dynamic on Reddit and other specific blog sites all the time.

Remember that negativity is a lot more easily perceived than positivity.

• Like 2

DCP is a very unrepresentative segment of the DCI fan population. I would bet that a lot of people on the West Coast don't even realize that BK hasn't been fielding a full show. We on DCP are the, so to speak, hardcore fans of DCI. You see this type of dynamic on Reddit and other specific blog sites all the time.

Only speaking for the people i heard around me in my section in Riverside, most people groaned about BK not having a full show as they was setting up to perform. Out of the world class corps, only Pac Crest had a smaller ovation at the end of their show. However people said they loved what BK was doing. They just wanted the rest of the pie to go with the slice BK dished out. I personally loved BK. I think they are on their way to being a force in the next couple years.

• Like 1

We also appreciate our edible edible leafy vegetation on an unprecedented level compared to any other marching arts fan base.

• Like 2

I'm on the west coast.... I was at the Stanford show. The crowd seemed confused, first by the corps taking what seemed like an unusually long time to begin their show, and then a bit quiet/confused when the performance ended. We were aware it was unfinished. The response was a bit tepid. I was liking what I was watching, and I was surprised the crowd was not more enthusiastic. Just my observations.

I'm on the west coast.... I was at the Stanford show. The crowd seemed confused, first by the corps taking what seemed like an unusually long time to begin their show, and then a bit quiet/confused when the performance ended. We were aware it was unfinished. The response was a bit tepid. I was liking what I was watching, and I was surprised the crowd was not more enthusiastic. Just my observations.

I personally think confusion is very different from the outrage we've seen on here, but I guess internet reactions are typically exaggerated

DCP is a very unrepresentative segment of the DCI fan population.

Nobody really knows this, as no recent poll of the DCI fan base opinions has been done by DCI that we could compare this with the fan opinions with the poll results here on DCP.

The only recent poll of DCI fan opinions that we can compare with one here done on DCP was about 8 years or so ago when DCI asked fans from across the country their favorite DCI shows of all time. The winner of this poll was the 1989 SCV show " Phantom of the Opera, with 2nd place being the 1984 Garfield Cadets " West Side Story ", 3rd place 1994 BD " My Spanish Heart ", 4th place, 2007 Crown's " Triple Crown " and with the 2002 Cavaliers " Frameworks " and 95 Madison Scouts show also found in the top 10. Far down the list of " Honorable Mentions " was included the 1993 Star of Indiana's show. Yet a similar poll here on DCP had the 1993 Star of Indiana show as the fan favorite ( at the time ) here. (I tried to find it, but couldn't ) So yes, at least from these two 8 year old polls anyway, it would be accurate to conclude that DCP ( a much smaller group of fans ) is not as representative in their opinions compared with the much larger DCI poll that had far more participants in their polling to secure a much different result of DCI fan opinions.

Edited by BRASSO