The Daytona 500...well really the Daytona 8

IMO if you don't think those drums have a shot at the Sanford, you're nuts. They are up against some seriously stiff competition this year, but they are definitely hanging.

Most organic in terms of woven in with the brass this year to me.

Pretty sure what you're describing goes under music analysis and GE music more than the percussion caption. The percussion judges are going to look at the difficulty of the book (Bloo, Cadets, BD, and SCV are all up there) and proficiency.

I can't remember a recent show with so many screamers.

Me neither actually. I think BD 2013 or 2012 had a good amount. Crossmen 2012 was a good one too for screamers (Earth Song was incredible).

Actually on second thought BD seems to have screamers every year but they haven't been actual soloists, they've just been a part of the full ensemble to add color to the chords. Bloo's screamers this year are absolutely phenomenal. I wish they were at the Annapolis show so I could see them live

Edited by Cappybara

Pretty sure what you're describing goes under music analysis and GE music more than the percussion caption. The percussion judges are going to look at the difficulty of the book (Bloo, Cadets, BD, and SCV are all up there) and proficiency.

I'm well aware of what judges are looking at, was just mentioning that too. I'm a drummer. I know.

They are not just looking at difficulty either, quality of the writing too. The organic quality I mentioned applied there too.

• Like 2

Crossmen went up 2.15 from last night and Boston went up 2.25. Chipping away slowly.

And yet some seem to think that means Crossmen are pulling away.

7/2 - .9

7/3 - 1.6

7/5 - 1.3

7/8 - 2.05

7/9 - 1.35

7/11 - 2.95

7/12 - 2.85

... if you want to characterize those spreads as Boston is chipping away, that's cool... but I don't think it is accurate.

Doesn't mean Boston can't come out on top of Crossmen in August though.

... if you want to characterize those spreads as Boston is chipping away, that's cool... but I don't think it is accurate.

Between last night and tonight, Boston gained some. How is that not accurate as "chipping away'? My post was in reply to the post that the Crossmen "blasted" by Boston.

Just back from Daytona...

Crossmen - impressive. High energy.

BAC - entertaining.

Cadets - My Lord. Wow. In your face.

Bloo - next level stuff. Just ####.

• Like 1

The SALT IS REAL

Bloo has great GE, and I actually enjoyed the Ballad for the first time, but comparing it to BD last weekend I just think they are on an even higher level.

I would put them two points ahead of Bloo.

Between last night and tonight, Boston gained some. How is that not accurate as "chipping away'? My post was in reply to the post that the Crossmen "blasted" by Boston.

Both corps have 2 rehearsal days before the next show. These 2 days will be most important to both to either make changes or just clean.

Edited by xbones7480