Has anybody else experienced this?

Let me preface this post with this; I've been into this activity for awhile, since late 2015. Not really that long of a time, but anyways, all the way up to now, I've only now realized what my dream corps is, the Bluecoats. (And no, it has nothing to do with their performance in the 2016 season so far) Is it normal for it to take awhile to find your dream corps, or am I weird? :huh2:

Good choice for a favorite! Have you by chance looked up older corps videos from pre 2010? Some good shows from back then.

Good choice for a favorite! Have you by chance looked up older corps videos from pre 2010? Some good shows from back then.

He's talking about corps to march with haha.

He's talking about corps to march with haha.

Being awake since 5am does things to me lol woops. My dream corps is Cadets/BD but I'm beginning to lean towards BD and that has taken me about 8 years to realize.

I've seen shows as old as early 80s. That was some good stuff too!

Back in the past millennium, when I first got into drum corps, Madison Scouts was my dream corps ... by the time I aged out, it changed to 27th Lancers. I love Bluecoats now, but my advice is be open to change.

I first discovered DCI in summer of 2009 (with a video of Crossmen's 1998 opener). Since then, my ideal corps to march for changed about every week. From the Cavaliers to the Glassmen, SCV, etc. It wasn't until the summer of 2015 that I took the last minute plunge and took the opportunity to rook-out with Pioneer. I wouldn't change a darn thing.

When I was 16 (1988) I wanted to march with Madison...when I was 16, Phantom Regiment...17-18, SCV...19, Star...20, Colts, because I went to their camp and they offered me a spot...but I decided finishing college was too important. And then it was too late. Just march somewhere and you won't regret it, even if it isn't your dream corps. I don't have many regrets in life, but that's one.

• Like 1

Let me preface this post with this; I've been into this activity for awhile, since late 2015. Not really that long of a time, but anyways, all the way up to now, I've only now realized what my dream corps is, the Bluecoats. (And no, it has nothing to do with their performance in the 2016 season so far) Is it normal for it to take awhile to find your dream corps, or am I weird? :huh2:

I'll go ahead and say what your dream corps is now may very well change next year or the next year or the next... Cavaliers or Phantom were probably my top 2 back when I was just getting into the activity and ended up at Crown. I knew during that first year that this was my dream corps and I don't think I would have realized that if I hadn't marched there. Sure Cavaliers or Phantom would have been cool but I wouldn't ever give up my time at Crown.

Moral of the story...go around and find what fits you best. If it's Bluecoats, great! If not, you'll enjoy yourself just as much.